Moldova vs Sweden Prediction and Football Tips
Euro 2016 football tips – Moldova vs Sweden prediction
Group G strugglers Moldova have called up a squad that in comparison to other teams is fairly inexperienced. Alexandru Curtianu has regular starters Alexandru Epureanu, Victor Golovatenco and Alexandru Gatcan available to him; however, the manager has also called up young players such as Catalin Carp, Vadim Rata and Dan Spataru to the squad.
Sweden manager Erik Hamren, has called up a team that has a blend of both experience and youth, with regular faces like Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Kim Kallstrom and Sebastian Larsson likely to feature; but also prospects like Robin Quaison, Filip Helander and Emil Forsberg in the team.
- In their last 10 fixtures, Moldova have scored an average of 0.9 goals per game and conceded an average of 1.2
- In their last 10 fixtures, Sweden have scored an average of 0.9 goals per game and conceded an average of 0.8
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 3 of Moldova’s previous 10 matches
- There have been under 2.5 goals in all of Sweden’s previous 10 matches
- Sweden have won all five of their previous games against Moldova
Sweden are currently unbeaten in Euro 2016 qualifying Group G having one win and three draws. Although in this campaign they have not been prolific in front of goal, they are a very solid outfit that are hard to break down. In the side, they have one of the world’s best strikers in Zlatan Ibrahimovic and if he feels up to it, he can really bully the Moldova defence. Judging by the stats this game does not look like it will set the world on fire but Sweden know, that on paper, this is one of the games they should be winning in the group. Also, with both Russia and Montenegro only 1 point behind them, a win here will keep them second in the table as it gets closer to next summer.
What are your predictions and football tips?
Written by Harry Watkins