Monaco vs Juventus Prediction and Football Tips
Champions League football tips – Monaco vs Juventus prediction.
Monaco will have to make do without Geoffrey Kondogbia and Jeremy Toulalan for this second leg Champions League quarter-final. Both players are a big loss for Monaco and could force a re-shuffle, with Fabinho stepping in to midfield alongside Moutinho.
Juventus are likely to remain unchanged from the team that defeated Monaco 1-0 in Turin. Paul Pogba is the main absentee, which will mean another chance for Roberto Pereyra to impress in midfield.
Monaco: 4-2-3-1 formation: Subasic; Toure, Abdennour, Wallace, Kurzawa; Moutinho, Fabinho; Silva, Carvalho, Ferreira-Carrasco; Berbatov
Juventus: 4-3-1-2 formation: Buffon; Evra, Chiellini, Bonucci, Lichtsteiner; Marchiso, Pirlo, Pereyra; Vidal; Tevez, Morata
- Monaco have won 4, drawn 3 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Juventus have won 8 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Monaco have scored an average of 1.4 goals and conceded an average of 0.9 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Juventus have scored an average of 1.5 goals and conceded an average of 0.3 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Monaco’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 3 of Juventus’ previous 10 matches
- The last time these teams met in Monaco was in the 1998 Champions League, Monaco won 3-2
Monaco are up against it here, having lost the first leg 1-0 and failing to get an away goal in the process. Form has not been good of late, with just 1 win from their last 5 games and their previous home Champions League match ended in a 2-0 defeat to Arsenal. With key players like Kondogbia and Toulalan missing, this could be a step too far for Monaco.
Juventus continued their good run with a victory over in-form Lazio on the weekend and are now unbeaten in their last 6 Champions League games. A 3-0 victory in Dortmund last time out, showed what this Juventus team are capable of and they will feel confident of progressing to the semi-finals.
This could be a close match but Monaco will have to attempt to score a goal and Juventus could pick them off with their attacking threat.
What are your Champions League predictions and football tips?