Montenegro vs Russia Prediction and Football Tips
Euro 2016 football tips – Montenegro vs Russia prediction
Branko Brnović has called up a fairly familiar squad to play against Russia with attacking duo Mirko Vučinić & Stevan Jovetić likely to lead the line. Montenegro have also been able to call up experienced Lille defender Marko Baša and former Man City centre back Stefan Savić who are both likely to start.
Russia manager Fabio Capello has called upon a squad, which refreshingly in modern football, constitutes of players all playing in the Russian Premier League. Experienced CSKA Moscow trio Igor Akinfeev, Sergei Ignashevich and Vasili Berezutski are all likely to play with Dynamo Moscow front man Aleksandr Kokorin expected to be the main focus of attack.
- In their last 10 fixtures, Montenegro have scored an average of 1.1 goals per game and conceded an average of 1.4
- In their last 10 fixtures, Russia have scored an average of 1.6 goals per game and conceded an average of 0.7
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 3 of Montenegro’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals in 3 of Russia’s previous 10 matches
- This is the first time that the nations will be competing against one another at senior level
Goal difference is the only thing separating these two at the moment with both teams having an identical record in Euro 2016 qualifying Group G (1W, 2D, 1L). Russia are actually the leading scorers in this group and on their day are a formidable outfit to play against but Montenegro have proved to be a solid team having only conceded 2 goals in their 4 games so far. Both teams are without a win since the opening fixtures in the group and really need to get back to winning ways if they want to qualify. On paper it could be argued that Russia have a stronger squad however with Montenegro having the home advantage this match is a really difficult one to call.
What are your predictions and football tips?
Written by Harry Watkins.