Napoli vs Sampdoria Prediction, Football Tips and News
Serie A football tips – Napoli vs Sampdoria prediction
Full-back Christian Maggio is suspended for Napoli and so Rafa Benitez will probably opt for Henrique to fill the right-back slot. Jonathan de Guzman, Juan Zuniga and Michu are all still missing through injury. The major selection issue for Benetiz is once again who to play behind Gonzalo Higuain in attack.
Sampdoria have only got one injury concern for the trip to Naples, with full-back Fabrizio Cacciatore definitely out. Sinisa Mihajlovic’s main selection issues come in attack, with Luis Muriel and Stefano Okaka competitng for a place up-front, alongside Samuel Eto’o and Eder.
Napoli: 4-2-3-1 formation: Andujar; Strinic, Britos, Albiol, Henrique; Lopez, Inler; Insigne, Hamsik, Callejon; Higuain
Sampdoria: 4-3-3 formation: Viviano; Silvestri, Silvestre, Romagnoli, Mesbah; Obiang, Polombo, Soriano; Eto’o, Okaka, Eder
- Napoli have won 4, drawn 3 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Sampdoria have won 4, drawn 4 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Napoli have scored an average of 1.6 goals and conceded an average of 0.9 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Sampdoria have scored an average of 1.1 goals and conceded an average of 0.8 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Napoli’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 2 of Sampdoria’s previous 10 matches
- Napoli are undefeated against Sampdoria in their last 7 meetings
After a disappointing run of results in March and the start of April, Napoli have finally got their season back on track. Some excellent wins at Wolfsburg and Cagliari followed up a good 3-0 home victory of Fiorentina.
Sampdoria have stalled somewhat, in the race for a European place. With 1 defeat and 2 draws from their last 3 Serie A matches, Sampdoria now find themselves 8 points off a Champions League place and just 1 point clear of Fiorentina in a Europa League spot.
Both of these teams have plenty to play and Napoli really have to win, if they are to have any chance of qualifying for the Champions League. With Juventus and Lazio still to play, Sampdoria will see a point here as a good result and Napoli’s efforts in mid-week could catch up with them.
What are your Serie A predictions and football tips?