Porto vs Basel Prediction and Football Tips
Champions League football tips – Porto vs Basel prediction
With the first leg finishing 1-1, Porto come in to this game with the upper hand but have a doubt over star striker Jackson Martinez. The Colombian will be a big loss for Porto if he doesn’t make it and may play a part, even if he is not fully fit. Both Oliver and Adrian are set to miss the game through injury.
Basel will have to make do without the suspended Marek Suchy and Fabian Schar is likely to step in at the back. However, other than the injured Ivan Ivanov, Paulo Sousa should have a full squad to select from.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Porto have scored an average of 2 goals and conceded an average of 0.4 goals per game.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Basel have scored an average of 2.3 goals and conceded an average of 1.4 goals per game.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 3 of Porto’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Basel’s previous 10 matches.
- The first leg finished 1-1 in Switzerland.
Porto are undefeated in their last 5 Champions League matches at home, with 3 wins and 2 draws. During the same period of 5 games, Basel have failed to win 1, losing 3 and drawing 2. That being said, their latest away performance was a 1-1 draw at Anfield against Liverpool, a result which enabled Basel to progress to this stage of the competition.
Having struggled on the road in the Champions League this season, Basel have still managed to get some big results, notably at Liverpool and Chelsea. Therefore, it would not be a surprise to see the Swiss champions raise their game against Porto and at least force the match in to extra-time.
What are your predictions?