Portsmouth vs Plymouth Argyle Prediction and Preview – 12/05/16
League Two playoff preview – Portsmouth vs Plymouth Argyle prediction.
Portsmouth right-back Ben Davies is set to return after being rested for the last two games. Enda Stevens is likely to move to the left as Kieron Freeman is suspended after seeing red against Northampton on Saturday. Young centre-back Jack Whatmough is pushing for a place after making his first start for more than a year against the League Two champions. Fellow academy graduates, Brandon Haunstrop and Ben Close also started but may have to settle for a place on the bench for the playoff showdown against south coast neighbours Plymouth.
Plymouth manager Derek Adams is confident he will be able to field a full-strength side after injury and illness left him down to the bare bones of his squad for the final league game against Hartlepool on Saturday. Striker Reuben Reid is set to be recalled after missing the last two matches due to a thigh injury along with defensive midfielder Carl McHugh and central defender Peter Hartley. Player of the Year, Graham Carey was rested at the weekend and will be among the first names on the team sheet.
Portsmouth 4-2-3-1 formation: Jones; Davies, Barton, Burgess, Stevens; Doyle, Hollands; Naismith, Roberts, Evans; Smith
Plymouth 4-3-3 formation: McCormick; Mellor, Nelson, Hartley, Sawyer;Houghton, McHugh, Boateng; Jervis, Reid, Carey
- Portsmouth have won 6 drawn 1 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Plymouth have won 5 drawn 1 and lost 4 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Portsmouth have scored an average of 1.8 goals and conceded an average of 0.9 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Plymouth have scored an average of 2.1 goals and conceded an average of 1.4 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Portsmouth’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 8 of Plymouth’s previous 10 matches