Portugal vs Serbia Prediction and Football Tips
Euro 2016 football tips – Portugal vs Serbia prediction
Portugal coach, Fernando Santos, has seen his touchline ban halved to 4 games, following appeal, two of which will be suspended during a six-month probationary period. His squad, features the in-from Lyon goalkeeper, Anthony Lopes, who is pushing for a staring place. Still missing a top quality striker, Cristiano Ronaldo may start up-front, with a quality looking midfield including Joao Moutinho, William Carvalho, Tiago and Vieirinha supporting the Real Madrid forward.
Serbia coach, Radovan Curcic has a blend of experienced and youthful players in his squad. Experienced heads within the squad include the likes of Vladimir Stojkovic, Branislav Ivanovic, Nemanja Matic and Aleksandar Kolarov. Curcic will be relying on the pace and skill of Lazar Markovic, Zoran Tosic and Dusan Tadic going forward but will have to do without Milan Bisevac at the back.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Portugal have scored an average of 1.4 goals and conceded an average of 1.1 goals per game.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Serbia have scored an average of 1.4 goals and conceded an average of 1 goal per game.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Portugal’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 3 of Serbia’s previous 10 matches.
- The last time these teams met in Portugal, was in the Euro 2008 qualifiers and the match ended 1-1.
Having been awarded a 3-0 win but then a 3 point deduction by UEFA following the match against Albania, Serbia find themselves in fifth place in Group I, with just 1 point from 3 matches. The Albania match aside, the other results in the group have been poor, with a late goal rescuing a point in Armenia and a disappointing 3-1 home defeat to Denmark.
Portugal sit in second place in the group on 6 points, having started their Euro 2016 qualifying campaign with a 1-0 defeat at home to Albania. Two subsequent 1-0 victories, away to Denmark and home to Armenia, have eased the pressure slightly. Cristiano Ronaldo is the only player to score for Portugal in qualifying so far.
Serbia clearly have some very talented players but similar to their hosts, are missing a quality striker in their squad. Portugal are yet to perform in this group and are struggling to score goals, which could mean this match is a very tight affair.
What are your predictions and football tips?