Champions League football tips – PSG vs Barcelona prediction.
PSG manager Laurent Blanc has some key players missing for this massive Champions League quarter-final. Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Marco Verratti and Serge Aurier all miss out through suspension, while David Luiz is out until May with a thigh injury. Thiago Motta also remains doubtful which could mean starts for Gregory Van der Wiel, Yohan Cabaye, Ezequiel Levazzi and Adrien Rabiot.
Barcelona are without the suspended Dani Alves which could mean Adriano starting in the right-back position but other than that, Luis Enrique has no major injury or suspension worries. That means a front three of Neymar, Suarez and Messi, with Rakitic, Busquets and Iniesta operating in midfield.
PSG: 4-3-3 formation: Sirigu; Maxwell, Marquinhos, Silva, Wiel; Matuidi, Rabiot, Cabaye; Lavezzi, Pastore, Cavani
Barcelona: 4-3-3 formation: Stegen; Adriano, Pique, Mascherano, Alba; Rakitic, Busquets, Iniesta; Neymar, Suarez, Messi
- PSG have won 7, drawn 2 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- Barcelona have won 9 and drawn 1 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, PSG have scored an average of 2.6 goals and conceded an average of 1 goal per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Barcelona have scored an average of 2.6 goals and conceded an average of 0.7 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of PSG’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Barcelona’s previous 10 matches
- The two teams met in the group stages and both won their home matches
With so many key players missing for PSG, their squad players have a chance to step up to the mark in this vital match for the club. Some may argue that PSG will be better at the back without David Luis in there but without Marco Verratti and Zlatan Ibrahimovic, the spine of the team is missing.
Barcelona have lost just 1 match from their last 22 and PSG have lost just 1 in their last 20, which shows both sides are in good form. However, it’s the loss of those key players for PSG which will give Barcelona the advantage here and Luis Enrique will be aiming to score a couple of away goals.
What are your predictions and football tips?