PSG vs Malmo Prediction and Preview – 15/09/2015
Champions League preview – PSG vs Malmo vs Barcelona prediction
PSG will be looking forward to getting the new Champions League campaign underway after failing to reach the further echelons of the competition in recent years. Angel Di Maria will feature in the tournament for the first time since winning the trophy with Real Madrid in 2014. They will be without right back Serge Aurier who has a one match ban to serve. Zlatan Ibrahimovic is unlikely to start after some recent knee problems.
The only unjury within the Malmo squad is to goalkeeper Zlatan Azinovic who will be out until January 2015. Emil Forsberg scored 14 goals for Malmo last season before leaving for the German second division. His departure has had a negative effect on the side who are nine points off the pace in the league. Malmo have never finished a Champions League group stage higher than last place, a scenario which seems likely again this season.
PSG: 4-1-2-3 formation: Trapp; Maxwell, Luiz, Silva, Marquinhos; Motta; Matuidi, Pastore, Di Maria, Cavani, Lucas
Malmo: 4-4-2 formation: Wiland; Yotun, Arnasson, Bengtsson, Tinnerholm; Berget, Adu, Lewicki, Rodic; Djurdjic, Rosenberg
- PSG have won 8, drawn 2 and lost 0 of their last 10 matches.
- Malmo have won 5, drawn 2 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, PSG have scored an average of 2.1 goals and conceded an average of 0.7 goals per game.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Malmo have scored an average of 1.7 goals and conceded an average of 1 goal per game.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of PSG’s previous 10 matches.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Malmo’s previous 10 matches.
- This will be the first meeting between the sides in any competition, with Ibrahimovic potentially facing the team for whom he played his first senior match
PSG are unbeaten so far this season in Ligue 1 with four wins and a draw. Edinson Cavani has taken on the role of the main striker brilliantly subsequent to Ibrahimovic having injury niggles so far this season. This is the ideal game from a PSG perspective in order to rotate some players and have a
Malmo have been placed in arguably the strongest group this season with PSG, Real Madrid and Shakhtar Donetsk making up the three other teams. It seems unlikely that they will beat PSG in this inaugural match considering the French side are looking so strong, and Malmo are not.
A win for PSG is probably one of the biggest bankers during the midweek games. Edinson Cavani has five goals in six games this season so expect a goal from him.
PSG to win at 2/15 – Click here to bet with Unibet
Home team to win without conceding a goal at 3/4 – Click here to bet with Unibet
Edinson Cavani to score at least 2 goals at 3/1 – Click here to bet with Unibet
Don’t forget, you can win free bets with Unibet by taking part in our great Acca competition by clicking here, it’s free to enter and great fun >> Unibet Acca Competition
What are your predictions?