Rayo Vallecano vs Barcelona Prediction and Preview – 03/03/16
La Liga preview – Rayo Vallecano vs Barcelona prediction.
Rayo Vallecano have a long list of injuries with Bebe and Diego Llorente the latest concerns after the pair picked up knocks in the 2-2 draw at Betis on Saturday. Top scorer Javi Guerra and attacking midfielder Jozabed Sanchez are also doubtful of recovering in time for the midweek fixture. Coach Paco Jemez will start with Manucho Goncalves who came off the bench to score both goals at the weekend after Nicolas Fedor was forced off with a hamstring injury.
Aleix Vidal is set to start at right-back for Barcelona with Dani Alves suspended for one match. Midfielders Sergio Busquets and Sergi Roberto missed training after picking up knocks in the 2-1 win against Sevilla on Sunday. Should both players miss out, Javier Mascherano could move up to the holding midfield role with Ivan Rakitic coming in for Roberto. Iniesta started on the bench last time and could rotate with Arda Turan.
Rayo Vallecano 4-2-3-1 formation: Carlos; Quini, Ze Castro, Amaya, Tito; Iturra, Baena; Piti, Trashorras, Embarba; Manucho
Barcelona 4-3-3 formation: Bravo; Vidal, Mathieu, Pique, Alba; Rakitic, Mascherano, Iniesta; Messi, Suarez, Neymar
- Rayo Vallecano have won 2 drawn 6 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Barcelona have won 9 drawn 1 and lost 0 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Rayo Vallecano have scored an average of 1.7 goals and conceded an average of 1.6 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Barcelona have scored an average of 3 goals and conceded an average of 0.7 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 8 of Rayo Vallecano’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Barcelona’s previous 10 matches
Relegation-threatened Rayo Vallecano are unbeaten in the last seven games and have scored at least twice in each. Their problem is they also concede often and have drawn five of those games, recording wins when able to keep clean sheets against Celta Vigo (w3-0) and Las Palmas (w2-0). Since their promotion is 2011, Rayo have not scored at home against Barcelona and conceded 18 goals in four defeats in Vallecas.
Barcelona are undefeated in 34 games in all competitions and have only dropped two points in the last 11 league games. Their last three away games in La Liga have been against the bottom three sides in which they won 2-0 at Levante, 3-1 at Gijon and most recently 2-1 at Las Palmas.
Barcelona have the ability to step up a gear when required and may have to respond to a plucky Rayo side that is capable of scoring against the league leaders.
Barcelona to win at 1/5 with bet365
Over 2.5 goals at 2/7 at Sky bet
Barcelona to win 3-1 at 10/1 with BetVictor
Click here to see more La Liga previews, predictions and tips