Rayo Vallecano vs Real Madrid Prediction and Football Tips
Primera Liga football tips – Rayo Vallecano vs Real Madrid prediction.
Both Antonio Amaya and Robert Trashorras are available again for Rayo Vallecano following suspension and will go straight back in to the team for the visit of Real Madrid. Leo Baptistao is definitely out through injury and Raul Baena is doubtful. Striker Manucho should keep his place up-front after scoring the winning goal at Eibar on Friday night.
Real Madrid are still without defender Pepe, who is injured and Alvaro Arbeloa will also miss out due to suspension. Gareth Bale is a doubt after picking up a slight knock in the thumping of Granada on Sunday, which could mean a front three of Cristiano Ronaldo, Karim Benzema and James Rodriguez.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Rayo Vallecano have scored an average of 1.5 goals and conceded an average of 1.8 goals per game.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Real Madrid have scored an average of 2.2 goals and conceded an average of 1.3 goals per game.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Rayo Vallecano’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Real Madrid’s previous 10 matches.
- The last time Rayo Vallecano managed to defeat Real Madrid was back in 2002.
Despite the 6-1 thumping at the Camp Nou in March, Rayo have been in great form recently, winning 4 of their last 5 Primera Liga matches, including the last 3 in a row. This run of results has left the Madrid based club well clear of the relegation zone but too far adrift of the European qualifying places. As is the case for many of the teams who come up against Real Madrid, Rayo can treat this as a bonus game, should they get anything from it.
Carlo Ancelotti will be delighted with the way his team responded to the 2-1 defeat against Barcelona. The 9-1 on Sunday against Granada, shows exactly what Real Madrid can do to teams who are not organised defensively against them. However, the short trip to Rayo Vallecano could prove to be tough, with the home team having won all of their last 4 home matches and sitting comfortably in mid-table as a result.
Real Madrid can not afford to drop any more points and should have enough to win this match but it will not be as straight forward as the thrashing of Granada last week.
What are your predictions and football tips?