Real Madrid vs Malaga Prediction and Football Tips
La Liga football tips – Real Madrid vs Malaga prediction.
There is plenty of work left for Real Madrid to do in their Champions League quarter-final but Carlo Ancelotti can not afford to lose ground in La Liga. Both Karim Benzema and Gareth Bale are nursing knocks and the former could be replaced by Chicharito. Isco could also come in to the team, having been unlucky to lose his place following some excellent performances.
Malaga have a number of players who could miss out due to injury, including Ezequiel Rescaldani, Luis Alberto and Ignacio Camacho. Juanmi is likely to continue up-front, having scored 3 goals in his last 5 games.
Real Madrid: 4-3-3 formation: Casillas; Carvajal, Pepe, Varane, Marcelo; Kroos, Isco, James, Bale, Ronaldo, Chicharito
Malaga: 4-2-3-1 formation: Kameni; Boka, Weligton, Rosales, Angeleri; Recio, Darder; Samu, Amrabat, Guerra; Juanmi,
- Real Madrid have won 5, drawn 2 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Malaga have won 3, drawn 2 and lost 5 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Real Madrid have scored an average of 2.3 goals and conceded an average of 0.9 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Malaga have scored an average of 0.9 goals and conceded an average of 1.1 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Real Madrid’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 2 of Malaga’s previous 10 matches
- Real Madrid have won the last 4 meetings between these two teams
With the gap at the top of La Liga down to 2 points, Real Madrid can not afford to slip up here. Undefeated at the Bernabeu in their last 13 games, Real should have enough to take all 3 points but Malaga can prove to be tough opposition. Without a win in 4 games, Malaga showed what they were capable of at the Camp Nou in February, recording a 1-0 win and that will be a reminder to the players of what they can potentially do in this game.
With a European place still within reach, Malaga could make things difficult for Real Madrid here. A point is not out of the question for Malaga, especially with Real’s minds on what is to come on Wednesday but they should have enough to win by a couple of goals.
What are your predictions and football tips?