Real Madrid vs Shakhtar Donetsk Prediction and Preview – 15/09/2015
Champions League preview – Real Madrid vs Shakhtar Donetsk prediction
James Rodriguez and Danilo will still be unavailable for selection for this match, however Isco and Carvajal proved to be adequate replacements in the last match – a 6-0 win. Gareth Bale played in a more central role versus Espanyol and he seemed to thrive, gaining two assists. Casemiro also started in the same match over Kroos which is probably a tactical decision considering Real Madrid will want to get off to a good start and avoid any complacency.
Shakhtar Donetsk are currently free of any injuries which means they will be able to field a full strength squad. Alex Teixeira is in extremely good form and he will surely be the player to pose the biggest threat to Real Madrid, with nine goals in seven league games. Hoping to prove themselves as the best team in Eastern Europe, Shakhtar will be looking to upset the odds against an extremely powerful Real side.
Real Madrid: 4-2-3-1 formation: Navas; Marcelo, Ramos, Varane, Carvajal; Kroos, Modric; Ronaldo, Isco, Bale; Benzema
Shakhtar Donetsk: 4-4-1-1 formation: Pyatov; Srna, Kucher, Rakitskiy, Shevchuk; Stepanenko, Fred, Marlos, Taison; Alex Teixeira; Gladkiy
- Real Madrid have won 6, drawn 3 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches.
- Shakhtar Donetsk have won 6, drawn 2 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Real Madrid have scored an average of 2.2 goals and conceded an average of 0.3 goals per game.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Shakhtar Donetsk have scored an average of 2.1 goals and conceded an average of 0.8 goals per game.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Real Madrid’s previous 10 matches.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Shakhtar Donetsk’s previous 10 matches.
- This will be the first meeting between the two teams in any competition. Both teams won by at least five goals in their most recent league match
Sitting in second place with seven points from nine, Real will feel they’ve had a good start to the league campaign. They have also scored eleven goals and remain the only team to not concede a goal. If Cristiano Ronaldo can follow up his stunning five goal haul in this game you have to feel that Shakhtar are in for a tough evening.
With five match day one victories in their last seven Champions League campaigns, Shakhtar will take some confidence into this game. They’re slightly off the pace in the Ukrainian League and sit in second place, three points off first. It has to be expected that Shakhtar will struggle to break through Real’s formidable defence.
It would be astonishing if Madrid scored five goals in a third successive match, however this is unlikely against a well set up Shakhtar side.
Real Madrid to win at 2/11 – Click here to bet with Unibet
Real Madrid to win by 3 goals or more at 11/10 – Click here to bet with Unibet
Cristiano Ronaldo anytime, Real Madrid to win 3-0 at 11/1 – Click here to bet with Unibet
Don’t forget, you can win free bets with Unibet by taking part in our great Acca competition by clicking here, it’s free to enter and great fun >> Unibet Acca Competition
What are your predictions?