Republic of Ireland vs Poland Prediction and Football Tips
Euro 2016 football tips – Republic of Ireland vs Poland prediction
A majority of the Ireland squad will be familiar with most people with players like Robbie Keane, John O’Shea and Aiden McGeady all likely to feature. There are however calls ups for in-form Championship duo Harry Arter & Cyrus Christie.
Adam Nawałka is without Łukasz Piszczek for this match as the he misses out through injury. However key players such as Robert Lewandowski, Wojciech Szczęsny & Grzegorz Krychowiak all feature.
- In their last 10 fixtures, Ireland have scored an average of 1.9 goals per game and conceded an average of 1.2
- In their last 10 fixtures, Poland have scored an average of 2.3 goals per game and conceded an average of 0.6
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Ireland’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals in 6 of Poland’s previous 10 matches
- In competitive fixtures the two sides have only met each other twice, drawing on both occasions
Ireland go into this game as slight favourites however Poland may have something to say about that currently sitting at the top of the group and not conceding in both their away fixtures so far. Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski poses a severe threat to the Ireland back four and if provided with the right service can easily grab himself a couple of goals. Ireland will need to make sure they defend very well and utilise the attacking options their squad has. Martin O’Neill will have a tough decision of how to approach the match as Ireland will not want to fall behind Scotland assuming they beat Gibraltar.
This game will be a very close one and could swing either way however with Ireland having the home advantage I can see them the more likely team to get a result.
What are your predictions and football tips?
Written by Harry Watkins