Roma vs Juventus Prediction and Football Tips
Serie A football tips – Roma vs Juventus prediction
Monday night sees the meeting of the top two teams in Serie A, as Roma take on Juventus at the Stadio Olimpico, Rome.
Roma recorded their first win in 4 games on Thursday night, with a 2-1 victory at Feyenoord, in what was a fiery encounter, on and off the pitch. With just 2 points from their last 2 Serie A matches, Roma can not afford to slip further behind their opponents.
Juventus defeated Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League on Tuesday, 2-1 and will go in to the second leg of that one as slight favourites. Juventus are undefeated, within normal time, in their last 22 games, winning 15 of them and are in no mood to allow Roma back in to the title race.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Roma have scored an average of 1 goals and conceded an average of 1 goals per game.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Juventus have scored an average of 2.5 goals and conceded an average of 0.7 goals per game.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 2 of Roma’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Juventus’ previous 10 matches.
- The last time these two teams met, it was a 5 goal thriller at the Juventus Stadium, with Juve claiming all 3 points with a 3-2 victory.
There is no denying that Juventus are going to be difficult to stop this season and regardless of the result here, will probably go on to win another Serie A title. That being said, Massimiliano Allegri will want to put down a statement, that his team are the best in Italy and what better way than by defeating your closest rivals on their own turf? Juventus won this fixture 1-0 last season, so know exactly what it takes to come away from the Olimpico with all 3 points.
Roma can not afford to lose this game and will be hoping that the atmopshere can help push them over the line. A defeat would all but end their title hopes again this season and with that playing in the back of their mind, may attempt to stay compact and use the pace of Gervinho to cause Juventus problems.
What are your predictions?