Roma vs Napoli Prediction and Football Tips
Serie A football tips – Roma vs Napoli prediction
Gervinho joins the likes of Kevin Strootman, Maicon and Seydou Keita on the sidelines with injury and therefore misses this match, which is a big blow to Roma boss Rudi Garcia. There are also concerns over the fitness of Francesco Totti, which could mean a start for Seydou Doumbia as the central striker for Roma.
Napoli manager, Rafa Benitez, will have to make do without the suspended Gokhan Inler in midfield, plus the long term loss of forward Michu. Other than that, the Napoli squad looks fit after the winter break and should see them line up in a 4-2-3-1 formation, with Gonzalo Higuain playing as the lone striker.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Roma have scored an average of 0.7 goals and conceded an average of 1 goal per game.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Napoli have scored an average of 1.4 goals and conceded an average of 0.8 goals per game.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 2 of Roma’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 3 of Napoli’s previous 10 matches.
- Napoli have defeated Roma in each of their last 3 meetings.
Roma’s form has been very poor of late, which has seen them completely lose touch with the leaders Juventus and now face a battle to claim a Champions League place. Just 3 wins from their last 14 matches in all competitions, highlights how much they have been struggling to win matches. Roma have scored only 2 goals in their last 5 games and this will need to improve, if they are to hang on to second place in Serie A.
Napoli have also seen a loss of form in recent games, following a great run of results in January and February. Just 1 win from their last 6 games, which was against Dinamo Moscow in the Europa League, has seen Napoli drop below Sampdoria in to fifth place in Serie A. Similar to their opponents Roma, Napoli have been struggling to score goals, finding the back of the net once in their last 3 matches.
The crowd could have a big part to play in this match, which should be closely fought but without much in the way of goal scoring action.
What are your predictions and football tips?