Romania vs Greece Prediction and Football Tips – 07/09/15
Euro 2016 Qualification football tips – Romania vs Greece prediction
Greece eliminated Romania in the play-offs for the 2014 World Cup finals in Brazil, winning 3: 1 in Piraeus and earning a 1: 1 draw in Bucharest. But the situation now is very different.
Greece has lost its hopes for qualifying Euro 2016 long time ago. Kostas Tsanas’ team failed to win any of its games so far in the campaign. Greece occupying the last place in Group F with just two points after 7 seven games.
Romania and Greece met 34 times at senior level, with Romania’s record in those games is 18 wins, 9 draws and 7 losses.
Romania: 4-2-3-1 formation: Tatarasanu; Rat, Grigore,Chiriches, Papp; Prepelita, Hoban;Torje,Sanmartean, Popa; Keseru
Greece: 4-2-3-1 formation: Karnezis; Holebas, Sokratis, Papadopoulos, Vyntra; Tziolis, Samaris; Karelis, Fortounis, Aravidis; Mitroglu
- Romania have won 6 and drawn 4 of their last 10 matches
- Greece have drawn 4 and lost 6 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Romania have scored an average of 1.1 goals and conceded an average of 0.2 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Greece have scored an average of 0.3 goals and conceded an average of 1.1 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 1 of Romania’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 1 of Greece’s previous 10 matches
Romania is second in the Group F with 15 points, just 1 fewer from the leader Northern Ireland and three more of Hungary which team is third. Romania have the best defence in qualifying, with just one goal conceded in seven outings. The hosts are unbeaten in five qualifying home games since a 2:0 loss to Turkey on 10 September 2013.
Romania will go into the match short on confidence in front of goal, having gone 180 minutes now without scoring. The host will be without Chipciu and probably
Hoban, while Budescu is slightly questionable. Greece will not have Ninis and Torosidis.
It is really hard to predict anything but easy win for the host but problems for Romania in the final third of the pitch maybe crucial for the final score of the game.Romania will go into the match short on confidence in front of goal, having gone 180 minutes now without scoring.
What are your predictions?