Sampdoria vs Inter Milan Prediction and Football Tips
Serie A football tips – Sampdoria vs Inter Milan prediction
Sampdoria will be without two players for this match, with Ezequiel Munoz and Fabrizio Cacciatore both missing through injury. Otherwise, Sinisa Mihajlovic has a full squad to pick from, with the big decision being who he selects to play up-front. Luis Muriel is pushing for a place in the starting line-up and may be preferred over Stefano Okaka.
Roberto Mancini will be hoping to welcome back Xherdan Shaqiri for Inter Milan, after the Swiss midfielder missed the Europa League match with Wolfsburg on Thursday. However, Zdravko Kuzmanovic will definitely be missing through injury, as will Dodo, Jonathan and Yuto Nagatomo. Rodrigo Palacio should start up-front, after impressing against Wolfsburg.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Sampdoria have scored an average of 1.3 goals and conceded an average of 1.3 goal per game.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Inter Milan have scored an average of 1.8 goals and conceded an average of 1.4 goals per game.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 3 of Sampdoria’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Inter Milan’s previous 10 matches.
- Sampdoria have failed to defeat Inter Milan in their previous 9 attempts.
Sampdoria remain in contention for a Champions League place this season, following their impressive 2-0 win over Roma on Monday. That was the third win in a row in Serie A for Sampdoria and they seem to be hitting form at the right time of the season. With just 1 defeat in their last 6 games, Mihajlovic has made his team difficult to beat and the home crowd will be relishing the visit of Inter to the Stadio Comunale Luigi Ferraris.
After a promising run of results in February, Inter seem to have hit a brick wall in recent weeks. Without a win in their last 5 games in all competitions, Roberto Mancini needs to get a positive result and quickly, otherwise the momentum gained in February will be lost. Following a disappointing 1-1 draw at home to Cesena last time out, a defeat in this match will surely end any hope of European football at the San Siro for Inter Milan next season.
With Sampdoria in such a good form, with plenty to play for and at home, it’s difficult to imagine Inter Milan leaving Genoa with anything from this game.
What are your predictions and football tips?