Sampdoria vs Lazio Prediction and Football Tips
Serie A football tips – Sampdoria vs Lazio prediction
The good news for Sampdoria is the return from suspension of three players, meaning Sinisa Mihajlovic has the option to change things around if he likes. However, the injury to Italian international Eder is a blow and could see Samuel Eto’o and Luis Muriel partnered in attack.
The team news for Lazio makes unpleasant reading, with a number of players potentially missing with injury, including Lorik Cana, Lucas Biglia, Senad Lulic and Stefan de Vrij. Add that to the suspensions picked up for Mauricio and Federico Marchetti last week and Lazio manager Stefano Pioli has some decisions to make.
Sampdoria: 4-3-1-2 formation: Viviano; Silvestri, Silvestre, Romagnoli, Regini; Obiang, Palombo, Acquah; Soriano; Eto’o, Muriel
Lazio: 4-3-3 formation: Berisha; Radu, Braafhied, Ciani, Basta; Anderson, Ladesma, Parolo; Candreva, Mauri, Klose
- Sampdoria have won 4, drawn 3 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Lazio have won 6, drawn 2 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Sampdoria have scored an average of 1.3 goals and conceded an average of 1 goal per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Lazio have scored an average of 1.9 goals and conceded an average of 0.7 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 2 of Sampdoria’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Lazio’s previous 10 matches
- Sampdoria have failed to defeat Lazio in their previous 6 attempts
Sampdoria’s 4-1 victory at Udinese last week was a huge boost, having gone 6 games without a win prior to that. That win kept Mihajlovic’s team in which a chance of securing a Europa League spot for next season.
Lazio suffered a very disappointing defeat in Rome at the hands of Inter Milan last weekend. That result means that Lazio have only picked up 1 point from their last 2 games, during which they would have hoped to gain at least 4 points.
With both teams still with something to play for, there is a lot riding on this game. The potential is for a cagey game, with little to split the two teams but with Lazio missing a number of players, Sampdoria could just sneak it.
What are your Serie A predictions and football tips?