Schalke vs Freiburg Prediction and Football Tips
Bundesliga football tips – Schalke vs Freiburg prediction.
Schalke may look to start both Julian Draxler and Jefferson Farfan who have both been on the side-lines for all of this Bundesliga campaign.
Mats Møller Dæhli will miss the Schalke game, with ongoing injury problems preventing him from being able to train. Marc Torrejon is also unlikely to feature due to an injury picked up midweek against Wolfsburg but has and outside chance of making it.
Schalke: 3-4-1-2 formation: Fahrmann; Nastasic, Matip, Howedes; Fuchs, Neustadter, Hoger, Barnetta; Meyer; Huntelaar, Choupo-Moting
Freiburg: 4-4-2 formation: Burki; Riether, Torrejon, Mitrovic, Gunter; Klaus, Darida, Sorg, Schmid; Frantz, Peterson
- Schalke have won 3, drawn 3 and lost of their last 10 matches
- Freiburg have won 4, drawn 1 and lost 5 of their last 10 matches
- In their last 10 fixtures, Schalke have scored an average of 1.1 goals per game and conceded an average of 1.4
- In their last 10 fixtures, Freiburg have scored an average of 0.8 goals per game and conceded an average of 1.1
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Schalke’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals in 3 of Freiburg’s previous 10 matches
- This affair has been fairly inconsistent in recent years with each team winning three times in the last six meetings
Freiburg on the other hand are in a very different scenario at the other end of the table and find themselves in a fight to stay in the league sitting 15th in the table after Hannover picked up a point against Hertha. Freiburg however have given themselves a great chance of staying up after two consecutive victories in the league against Koln and Augsburg.
We can expect an attacking performance from Schalke after coach Roberto Di Matteo said in his pre match press conference “Three points are very important, anything else doesn’t help us in the slightest”. Schalke will have to be wary of Freiburg though with recent meetings between the two proving to be tricky for the hosts.
However, this will be a comfortable fixture for Schalke and although Freiburg shouldn’t be written off, the quality that exists in the Schalke side will enable them to secure all three points.
What are your predictions and football tips?
Written by Harry Watkins