Scotland vs Gibraltar Prediction and Football Tips
Euro 2016 football tips – Scotland vs Gibraltar prediction
Gordon Strachan’s team features a lot of regular faces such as Darren Fletcher, Scott Brown and Steven Naismith; however also features new faces such as in-form Bournemouth winger Matt Ritchie and Derby attacker Johnny Russell. This Scotland team features a majority of players that apply their trade in England which could work to their benefit in attempting to qualify for the Euros due to the gap in quality between Scottish and English football.
- In their last 10 fixtures, Scotland have scored an average of 1.1 goals per game and conceded an average of 0.9
- In their last 10 fixtures, Gibraltar have scored an average of 0.3 goals per game and conceded an average of 3
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Scotland’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals in 5 of Gibraltar’s previous 10 matches
- This will be the first meeting between both sides at senior level
Scotland will find themselves fairly happy with the way qualifying has gone so far sitting in joint second with Germany and Republic of Ireland on 7 points. Scotland has taken seven points so far in the group, winning both of their home games and keeping a clean sheet in the process. Gibraltar on the other hand sit bottom of the group having lost all 4 games without being able to put the ball in the back of the net. The Scots will relish this match and look at it as a perfect opportunity to strengthen their status in the group with Poland and Ireland facing off against each other. Gibraltar has so far conceded 21 goals in the group and I see no reason why this won’t continue against a Scotland team full of attacking presence.
What are your predictions and football tips?
Written by Harry Watkins