Southampton vs AFC Bournemouth Prediction and Preview – 1/11/15
Premier League preview – Southampton vs AFC Bournemouth prediction
Southampton are missing first choice keeper Fraser Forster and striker Shane Long while squad player Florin Gardos is sidelined. Jay Rodriguez is also a doubt.
Bournemouth are without key players Tommy Elphick, Max Gradel and Callum Wilson for the foreseeable future. Tyrone Mings joins them on the treatment table and Lee Tomlin could miss out with a knock.
Southampton: 4-2-3-1 formation: Stekelenburg; Soares, Fonte, Van Dijk, Bertrand; Wanyama, Clasie; Mane, Davis, Tadic; Pelle
Bournemouth: 4-4-2 formation: Boruc; Francis, Cook, Distin, Daniels; Ritchie, Gosling; Surman, Pugh, King; Murray
- Southampton have won 5, drawn 3 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Bournemouth have won 2, drawn 3 and lost 5 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Southampton have scored an average of 2.2 goals and conceded an average of 1 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Bournemouth have scored an average of 1.3 goals and conceded an average of 1.9 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Southampton’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Bournemouth’s previous 10 matches
Southampton are the strong favorites in this South Coast derby as their form has been impressive of late, most recently having defeated Aston Villa 2-1.
The Saints’ defensive performances have been concerning though as they have failed to keep a clean sheet in 5 of their last 6 matches. That statistic will give encouragement to a Bournemouth side which has not picked up a win in 5 games.
The finishing of Glenn Murray will be pivotal for the Cherries as they will likely be allowed few chances by a Southampton side that will look to dominate possession.
Under 2.5 goals at 21/20 – Click here to bet with Bet365
Full time result a draw at 10/3 – Click here to bet with Bet365
Graziano Pelle first goal scorer at 4/1 – Click here to bet with Bet365
What are your predictions?