Torino vs Fiorentina Prediction and Football Tips – 30/08/2015
Serie A football tips – Torino vs Fiorentina prediction
Midfielder Alexander Farnerud is injured until Novermber for Torino, although he only featured in moderation for them last season. New signing Daniele Baselli scored on his league debut and looks like a good signing. If they opt to stick with the 3-5-2 formation it’s unlikely that Davide Zappacosta will feature, who signed from Atalanta alongside Baselli. They lost right back Matteo Darmian to Manchester United this summer, hence the use of a three-at-the-back formation.
The lack of injuries in the Fiorentina squad means that they are tactically sound which showed during a good win in their opening game versus AC Milan. Mario Suárez came on as a substitute but might start against Torino in order to rotate the squad. Giuseppe Rossi wasn’t fit enough to play against AC Milan but could be expected to make an appearance off the bench this Sunday.
Torino: 3-5-2 formation: Padelli; Moretti, Glik, Maksimović; Avelar, Baselli, Gazzi, Benassi, Peres; Quagliarella, López
Fiorentina: 4-2-3-1 formation: Tătăruşanu; Alonso, Roncaglia, Rodriguez, Tomović; Valero, Mario Suárez; Bernardeschi, Fernández, Gilberto; Kalinić
- Torino have won 6, drawn 0 and lost 4 of their last 10 matches
- Fiorentina have won 7, drawn 2 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Torino have scored an average of 2.5 goals and conceded an average of 1.2 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Fiorentina have scored an average of 1.7 goals and conceded an average of 0.6 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Torino’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Fiorentina’s previous 10 matches
- The last four matches between the teams have ended in a draw, the last being a 1-1 in the Serie A. Torino have only won four of the last 24 meetings
Torino finished mid table last season as an established Serie A team. If top scorer Quagliarella can hit form again this season they could potentially climb higher in the table, however I feel they won’t be threatening the European places despite an opening day win, partly because they don’t have any marquee players who can produce something special.
After gaining a spot in the Europa League group stages, Fiorentina will be hoping that they can use this as a springboard to have another good season. They have certainly benefitted from not having to play Europa League qualifiers. The team looks fresh and I predict a successful season for them.
Despite being the away team I think Fiorentina will swindle the three points in this tie and set a marker for the teams around them.
What are your predictions?