Wolfsburg vs Bayern Munich Prediction and Football Tips
Germany Super Cup football tips – Wolfsburg vs Bayern Munich prediction
Wolfsburg have a number of players, who are struggling with injuries and remain doubtful for this match. Luis Gustavo has recently returned to training and it’s highly unlikely the Brazilian will feature at all. Felipe Lopes is definitely out with injury, whereas Kevin De Bruyne and Bas Dost may make it, with De Bruyne the most likely of the two to start the match.
Bayern Munich have concerns in the defensive department, with the likes of Holger Badstuber, Dante, Javi Martínez and Mehdi Benatia all struggling due to lack of fitness and injury. Elsewhere in the squad, Arjen Robben has yet to feature in pre-season and Arturo Vidal has only just returned from holiday, meaning both will miss out.
Wolfsburg: 4-2-3-1 formation: Benaglio; Vieirinha, Naldo, Klose, Rodriguez; Guilavogui, Arnold; Perisic, De Bruyne, Schurrle; Kruse
Bayern Munich: 3-4-3 formation: Neuer; Alba, Boateng, Rafinha; Lahm, Bernat, Alonso, Thiago; Costa, Muller, Lewandowski
- Wolfsburg have won 4, drawn 4 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Bayern Munich have won 4, drawn 2 and lost 4 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Wolfsburg have scored an average of 1.9 goals and conceded an average of 1.4 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Bayern Munich have scored an average of 1.2 goals and conceded an average of 1.1 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Wolfsburg’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Bayern Munich’s previous 10 matches
- The last time these teams met was in the Bundesliga last season and Wolfsburg won 4-1
Both Wolfsburg and Bayern Munich will see this as a chance to put down an early marker for the new season. Although Wolfsburg have failed to make any waves in the transfer market, their one major signing, Max Kruse, looks set to start the match up-front. Bayern Munich have strengthened in midfield following the loss of Bastian Schweinsteiger and one of those signings, Douglas Costa, will be hoping to make an immediate impact.
With home advantage in favour of Wolfsburg, this should give Dieter Hecking’s team a boost and the memory of their 4-1 last season will give them confidence. Neither team have looked spectacular in pre-season but with defensive players still missing for Bayern Munich, Wolfsburg will see this as a chance to claim some silverware, early in the season.
What are your Germany Cup predictions and football tips?