Head to head
Juventus take on Real Madrid in the Champions League Final this Saturday night. Read the match predictions to find out why Juventus are the betting tip to win at the Millennium Stadium. Juventus saw off Porto, Barcelona and Monaco to book their place in the final, while Real Madrid beat Napoli, Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid to line up in Cardiff.
Juventus vs Real Madrid Preview
Juventus will be at full strength with Marco Pjaca the only injured player in the squad. Massimiliano Allegri has switched between 4-2-3-1 and 3-4-2-1 formations this season but is expected to go with a back three here. That will see Dani Alves and Alex Sandro providing width and Sami Khedira partnering Miralem PJanic in the engine room. Former Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuaín has scored five Champions League goals this season and will be the main attacking outlet for the Italian side.
Real Madrid have declared both Daniel Carvajal and Gareth Bale fit to play. However, Bale’s involvement is far from certain, despite his status as the club’s record signing. If Zinedine Zidane does include the Welshman, it will be at the expense of Isco who has been in great form for Los Blancos. Cristiano Ronaldo is nailed on to start and has already amassed 10 goals in theis season’s competition. £20 pays £60 on the Juventus win at bet365
Team Predictions Juventus vs Real Madrid
Juventus 3-4-2-1 formation: Buffon; Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli; Sandro, Khedira, Pjanic, Alves; Mandzukic, Dybala; Higuain
Real Madrid 4-3-1-2 formation: Navas; Marcelo, Varane, Ramos, Carvajal; Modric, Casemiro, Kroos; Isco; Benzema, Ronaldo
Juventus vs Real Madrid Betting Tips
- Juventus have won 6 drawn 3 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- Real Madrid have won 7 drawn 0 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Juventus have scored an average of 1.9 goals and conceded an average of 0.8 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Real Madrid have scored an average of 2.9 goals and conceded an average of 1.2 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Juventus’ previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 9 of Real Madrid’s previous 10 matches Back Over 2.5 Goals at Betfair
Juventus vs Real Madrid Prediction
Juventus have wrapped up the Serie A title and Coppa Italia, so are on for a treble here. Their path to the final was all the more impressive in the fact that they conceded only a single goal in four matches against free-scoring sides in Barcelona and Monaco. The Old Lady has a world-class defence and will surely be a tough nut to crack.
Real Madrid are the current trophy holders and have recently lifted the La Liga title. There’s a huge call to be made here on whether or not to drop Isco and play Gareth Bale. If Zidane decides to make that call, then he’ll likely have to change formation. There’s no doubt Los Blancos have a potent attacking threat but Juventus have already shown that they can keep the world’s best at arms-length.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Real Madrid’s last twelve Champions League games. However, Juventus have conceded just three goals in this season’s competition and have kept a staggering nine clean sheets. Because of their reliable defence, I’m tipping Juve to win in 90 minutes.
Free Betting Tips
JUVENTUS at 2/1 with bet365
OVER 2.5 GOALS at 29/20 with Betfair
Correct Score Prediction
JUVENTUS 2-1 at 21/2 with BetVictor
Previous Tips for Juventus vs Real Madrid Prediction, Betting Tips and Preview
Juventus vs Real Madrid Prediction and Football Tips - 04/05/15 08:44 read →
Champions League football tips – Juventus vs Real Madrid prediction
Juventus are definitely without Martin Caceres and Kwadwo Asamoah for this Champions League semi-final, first leg. Paul Pogba is close to a return but is likely to be back for the second leg. Manager, Massimiliano Allegri may return to the 3-5-2 system used in Monaco, as a way to flood the midfield and make things difficult to Real Madrid.
Carlo Ancelotti is waiting on the fitness of striker Karim Benzema and the Frenchman may start from the bench. The injury to Luka Modric could see Sergio Ramos play in central midfield, as he did against Atletico Madrid last time out. Gareth Bale’s return to fitness could see the Welshman start in-front of Isco.
Juventus: 3-5-2 formation: Buffon; Barzagli, Chiellini, Bonucci, Lichtsteiner; Marchiso, Pirlo, Vidal, Evra; Tevez, Morata
Real Madrid: 4-4-2 formation: Casillas; Carvajal, Pepe, Varane, Marcelo; Kroos, Ramos, James, Bale, Ronaldo, Hernandez
- Juventus have won 7, drawn 1 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Real Madrid have won 8, drawn 1 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Juventus have scored an average of 1.4 goals and conceded an average of 0.5 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Real Madrid have scored an average of 2.9 goals and conceded an average of 0.8 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 3 of Juventus’ previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Real Madrid’s previous 10 matches
- These teams met in Turin during the group stages of the 2013/14 Champions League, with the match ending a 2-2 draw
Juventus sealed the Serie A title on the weekend and now have their sights firmly set on European glory. The team seem to be coping with the loss of Paul Pogba and will have to do so again in this one. Undefeated in their last 7 Champions League games, confidence is high at the Juventus Stadium and the Italians would be pleased with a repeat of the 1-0 win over Monaco in the last round.
Real Madrid have come back in to form at the right time of the season. Carlo Ancelotti’s team handed Sevilla their first home defeat in La Liga for over a year on the weekend and that’s now 5 wins in a row in all competitions. Battling on two fronts, it will be interesting to see just how fresh Real Madrid are for this match, with Ancelotti unlikely to make many changes.
Juventus will know the risks of failing to keep a clean-sheet and that will lead to a closely fought contest, with little space in midfield. With home advantage, Juventus could travel to Madrid with a slender lead.
What are your Champions League predictions and football tips?