AC Milan vs Palermo Prediction and Preview – 19/09/15
Serie A preview – AC Milan vs Palermo prediction
AC Milan manager Sinisa Mihajlovic is without at least four players as his team attempt to recover from their derby defeat. M’Baye Niang, Andrea Bertolacci , Luca Antonelli and Jeremy Menez are all out injured. Mihajlovic may be tempted to bring in striker Mario Balotelli from the start, given his performance from the bench last week.
Palermo can welcome back Luca Rigoni from injury and he should slot straight in to the team as part of a five man midfield. However, Francesco Bolzoni and Michel Morganella are both out injured and miss the trip to the San Siro.
AC Milan: 4-3-1-2 formation: Lopez; Abate, Zapata, Romagnoli, De Sciglio; Montolivo, Bonaventura, Kucka; Honda; Bacca, Luiz Adriano
Palermo: 3-5-2 formation: Sorrentino; Vitiello, Gonzalez, El Kaoutari; Rispoli, Rigoni, Jajalo, Quaison, Lazaar; Vazquez, Gilardino
- AC Milan have won 4, drawn 2 and lost 4 of their last 10 matches
- Palermo have won 7, drawn 1 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, AC Milan have scored an average of 1 goal and conceded an average of 1.3 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Palermo have scored an average of 1.9 goals and conceded an average of 1.1 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of AC Milan’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Palermo’s previous 10 matches
- AC Milan have won their last 3 home league matches and Palermo have won their last 3 away league matches
AC Milan have had a mixed start to the Serie A season, winning 2 games and losing 2 games. The latest defeat to Inter Milan would have hurt but the performance level was good and Mihajlovic will hope to build on that. The team will need to tighten things up defensively however, as they are yet to keep a clean sheet this season.
Palermo have done well so far this season, picking up 7 points from a possible 9 and will pose a real threat to AC Milan in this fixture. Two 1-0 wins to get the season going was followed up by a 2-2 draw at home to Carpi, a match in which Palermo would have expected all 3 points. Nevertheless, the team did well to score at late equaliser in that game and will remain confident ahead of the trip to Milan.
This could be a tricky fixture for Milan and Palermo may look to hit them on the break and could head home with all 3 points.
Draw at 11/4 – Click here to bet with Bet365
Palermo win at 4/1 – Click here to bet with Bet365
Palermo win and under 2.5 goals at 17/2 – Click here to bet with Bet365
What are your predictions?