Ajax vs Rapid Vienna Prediction and Football Tips – 03/08/2015
Champions League Qualifying football tips – Ajax vs Rapid Vienna prediction
The only team worry Ajax have ahead of this game, is the potential transfer of Jasper Cillessen away from the club, with Manchester United strongly linked. Otherwise, manager Frank de Boer is likely to stick with a similar team to the first leg, with Davy Klaassen operating in the number 10 role.
Rapid Vienna have to do without midfielder Stefan Schwab, who was sent off in the first leg and this could mean a start for Stefan Nutz. Manager Zoran Barisic may also make a change to the forward line and Louis Schaub come in to play in an attacking three behind the striker.
Ajax: 4-2-1-3 formation: Cillessen; Tete, Veltman, Riedewald, Dijks; Bazoer, Gudelj; Klaassen; Sinkgraven, Milik, El Ghazi
Rapid Vienna: 4-2-3-1 formation: Novota; Auer, Sonnleitner, Hofmann, Stangl; Nutz, Petsos; Kainz, Hofmann, Schaub; Beric
- Ajax have won 5, drawn 3 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Rapid Vienna have won 7 and drawn 3 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Ajax have scored an average of 1.4 goals and conceded an average of 0.9 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Rapid Vienna have scored an average of 2.5 goals and conceded an average of 0.5 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Ajax’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Rapid Vienna’s previous 10 matches
- The first leg ended in a 2-2 draw in Vienna
Ajax will be disappointed they did not finish the job off in Vienna, having taken a 2 goal lead in to half-time. However, a strong come-back in the second half, saw Rapid score an early goal and then, despite the sending off of Schwab, they found an equaliser after 76 minutes. That being said, the advantage has to be with Ajax, who come in to the second leg at home, with 2 away goals to their name.
Keeping this in mind, Ajax only require a low scoring draw to progress to the next round and with Rapid Vienna needing to score goals, Ajax could sit back and then hit them on the break. A good domestic result on the weekend, away to Red Bull Salzburg, with give them confidence they can travel to Amsterdam and get a result. However, Ajax have that bit of quality, which should be enough to see them win this match and go through.
To gain access to our Premium Football Tips, click HERE