Atalanta vs Frosinone Prediction and Preview – 30/08/15
Serie A preview – Atalanta vs Frosinone prediction
Atalanta and Frosinone both suffered defeats in the first round of the season in Serie A and will try to collect first points. Atalanta lost 1:0 away to Inter Milan, while Frosinone failed to deal with Torino team, although they took early lead thankfully to Danilo Soddimo. At the end of the day Frosinone lost 2:1.
The game will be the first competitive meeting between the two clubs since they last played in Serie B together during the 2010/2011 Serie B season as Atalanta secured promotion to Serie A and Frosinone were relegated to the Lega Pro.
Atalanta: 4-3-3 formation: Sportiello; Masiello, Toloi, Cherubin, Drame; De Roon, Migliaccio, Kurtic; Moralez, Pinilla, Gomez
Frosinone: 4-4-2 formation: Leali; Rosi, Diakite, Blanchard, Crivello; Paganini, Gori, Gucher, Soddimo; Longo, Dionisi
- Atalanta have won 3, drawn 4 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Frosinone have won 5, drawn 3 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Atalanta have scored an average of 1.5 goals and conceded an average of 1.5 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Frosinone have scored an average of 1.1 goals and conceded an average of 0.7 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Atalanta’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Frosinone’s previous 10 matches
Both teams are named as main contenders for relegation so that the points in the game could prove crucial for both of them. It is expected that the home team coach Edy Reja to bet on three forwards using 4-3-3 scheme.
The atmosphere at Stadio Atleti Azzurri d’Italia also could be against the newcomers from Frosinone.
Frosinone played well in their Serie A debut against Torino, but will need to be more solid at the back to keep a clean sheet in their first-ever away fixture in the top flight.
Rafael Toloi is in line to make his Atalanta debut after completing his move from Sao Paolo at the expense of Guglielmo Stendardo, while the club’s latest signing, Gabriel Paletta may have to be content with a place on the bench.
What are your predictions?