Atletico Madrid vs Las Palmas Prediction and Football Tips – 22/08/15
La Liga football tips – Atletico Madrid vs Las Palmas prediction
Atletico Madrid will be welcoming new and old players back in to the team for their first fixture in La Liga this season. Felipe Luis returns to Atletico, following a move back to the club from Chelsea and will link up with Jose Maria Gimenez as part of the back four. Jackson Martinez is set to make his debut up-front, alongside Antoine Griezmann.
Las Palmas are definitely without Angel, who is injured for this difficult trip to the Estadio Vicente Calderon. The visitors also have to make do without goalkeeper Varas and midfielder Culio, who are both suspended. Willian José is also doubtful.
Atletico Madrid: 4-4-2 formation: Oblak, Juanfran, Gimenez, Godin, Luis; Torres, Tiago, Gabi, Koke; Martinez, Griezmann
Las Palmas: 4-3-3 formation: Lizoain; Simon, Aythami, Bigas, Castellano; Mesa, Castellano, Hernan; Viera, Araujo, Jose
- Atletico Madrid have won 5, drawn 4 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- Las Palmas have won 3, drawn 2 and lost 5 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Atletico Madrid have scored an average of 1.5 goals and conceded an average of 0.4 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Las Palmas have scored an average of 1.1 goals and conceded an average of 1 goal per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 3 of Atletico Madrid’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 3 of Las Palmas’ previous 10 matches
- The last competitive fixture between these teams was in the Spanish Cup 2005 and Atletico won 1-0
Diego Simeone will be hoping to continue his good work at Atletico Madrid and push Barcelona and Real Madrid all the way in the La Liga title race. The loss of Mario Mandzukic has been eased with the arrival of Jackson Martinez and the Colombian could forge a good partnership with Antoine Griezmann up-front. This is a match, against a promoted club, which Atletico will be expected to win comfortably.
Las Palmas, will be hoping that star man Sergio Araujo, can bring the form he showed last season, in to Spain’s top division. Araujo may join new signing Willian José as part of an attacking three but the former Zaragoza man is doubtful with injury. Anything above the relegation zone, will surely be considered a good season for Las Palmas but getting off the mark at Atletico Madrid, is a big ask first game of the new season.
Despite Atletico being clear favourites for this game, it’s the first match of the season and Las Palmas could make it tricky.