Barcelona vs Athletic Bilbao Prediction and Football Tips – 17/08/15
Spanish Super Cup football tips – Barcelona vs Athletic Bilbao prediction
Douglas, Jordi Alba, Neymar Jr or Adriano are all confirmed to not be in playing condition.
Barcelona will be looking to turn over a 4-0 deficit and will hope that the combination of dominating possession and a team containing some of the best players in the world will be enough to turn this tie around.
Athletic will be hoping Aduriz can produce some goals as their main target man and that they can hold onto the lead to claim the trophy.
Barcelona: 4-3-3 formation: Ter Stegen, Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Vermaelen, Busquets, Rakitic, Iniesta, Pedro, Suarez, Messi
Athletic Bilbao: 4-2-3-1 formation: Iraizoz, Balenziaga, Laporte, Viguera, De Marcos, Benat, Jose, Merino, Eraso, Susaeta, Aduriz
- Barcelona have won 4, drawn 3 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Athletic Bilbao have won 3, drawn 4 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Barcelona have scored an average of 2.1 goals and conceded an average of 2 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Athletic Bilbao have scored an average of 1.3 goals and conceded an average of 1 goal per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in all 10 of Barcelonas’ previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in only 2 of Athletic Bilbao’s previous 10 matches
- The Last meeting was the first leg of this cup final, with Bilbao surprisingly triumphing 4-0 over the European Champions
Barcelona won the Treble last season and with their terrifying front three of Neymar, Suarez and Messi tearing up the world of football, they will hope to achieve a similar level of success this campaign especially after adding Arda Turan and Aliex Vidal with the former likely to replace the UEFA super cup winning goalscorer Pedro if he were to leave the club and they will be looking to add this to their trophy collection already this season to place down a marker to dominate the upcoming season.
Athletic Bilbao have always been a well known, respected club within the BBVA. Achieving success considering they are only allowed to sign players from the Basque region, especially seeing the emphasis the most successful clubs in Europe place on employing talent from other countries, there thrashing of Barcelona in the first leg at the San Mames Stadium was a big surprise and although this is a commanding aggregate lead, the Nou Camp is a formidable place where the European Elite can be torn apart so an easy route to the trophy will not be