Barcelona vs Manchester City Prediction and Football Tips
Champions League football tips – Barcelona vs Manchester City prediction
The only injury concerns for Barcelona are Sergio Busquets and Thomas Vermaelen, who will both miss the match but full-backs, Dani Alves and Jordi Alba should return to the team, having been suspended on the weekend. Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar are all set to start in attack.
Manchester City will have to do without the suspended Gael Clichy, with Aleksandar Kolarov likely to come in at left-back. Yaya Toure will return to the team having missed out in the first leg due to suspension and therefore, Manuel Pellegrini has all his best players available for selection.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Barcelona have scored an average of 3.2 goals and conceded an average of 1 goals per game.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Manchester City have scored an average of 1.7 goals and conceded an average of 1 goals per game.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 8 of Barcelona’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Manchester City’s previous 10 matches.
- These two teams last met at the Camp Nou at this time last season, with Barcelona winning 2-1.
Manchester City suffered a very disappointing defeat at Burnley on the weekend and judging by their recent form, it seems unlikely they will leave Barcelona and still be in the Champions League. Manuel Pellegrini’s team have lost 3 of their last 4 games and have only won once, in their last 4 Champions League away matches. In fact, Manchester City have only won twice in their last 9 Champions League matches and considering their current form, that record seems unlikely to improve this week.
Barcelona have really found their form under manager Luis Enrique and have won 16 out of their last 17 games in all competitions. Scoring at an average of 3.2 goals per game over the last 10, even if Manchester City do find an away goal, which is very possible, it’s still unlikely they will be able to keep Barcelona out at the other end. Messi and co are in great form at the moment and Manchester City do not look like a team capable of stopping them. The only thing that could hold back Barcelona, is their upcoming encounter with Real Madrid.
What are your predictions?