Bayern Munich vs Barcelona Prediction and Football Tips
Champions League football tips – Bayern Munich vs Barcelona prediction
Bayern Munich still have a number of injury concerns going in to this match. Arjen Robben, Franck Ribery and Holger Badstuber are definitely out. David Alba is back in training following a knee injury but it’s highly unlikely the Austrian will feature. Having started the game on the bench at the Nou Camp, Mario Gotze should be restored to the team.
Barcelona have no real injury concerns ahead of the trip to the Allianz Arena. Defender Jeremy Mathieu is the only doubt but probably would have started the match on the bench anyway. Manager Luis Enrique, will probably go with the same team that won convincingly last week.
Bayern Munich: 3-4-2-1 formation: Neuer; Benatia, Boateng, Rafinha; Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Alonso, Thiago; Gotze, Muller; Lewandowski
Barcelona: 4-3-3 formation: Stegen; Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Alba; Rakitic, Busquets, Iniesta; Neymar, Suarez, Messi
- Bayern Munich have won 4, drawn 2 and lost 4 of their last 10 matches
- Barcelona have won 9 and drawn 1 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Bayern Munich have scored an average of 1.4 goals and conceded an average of 1.1 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Barcelona have scored an average of 3.4 goals and conceded an average of 0.3 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Bayern Munich’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Barcelona’s previous 10 matches
- The last time these teams met at the Allianz Arena in the Champions League was in 2013 and Bayern Munich won 4-0
Bayern Munich’s season is in real danger of ending with a whimper, unless they can pull off a remarkable recovery in this second leg. Trailing 3-0 from the match in Spain and having lost all of their other 3 matches prior to this one, things are looking bleak for Pep Guardiola.
Barcelona’s season on the other hand, is improving week by week and another good win on the weekend extended their lead at the top of La Liga. With 8 wins in a row, conceding just 1 goal over the course of those 8 games, Barcelona are performing well at both ends of the pitch.
With rumours circulating that Pep Guardiola could be leaving in the summer, coupled with the 1-0 home to defeat to Augsburg at the weekend, preparation for this game has not been great for Bayern. Having to attack a team like Barcelona in an attempt to claw back a 3 goal deficit is a recipe for disaster and Guardiola will be wary after what happened against Real Madrid last season.
The game could be tight but the overall aggregate scoreline will see Barcelona going through the final.
What are your Champions League predictions and football tips?