Bayern Munich vs Hamburg Prediction and Football Tips – 14/08/15
Bundesliga football tips – Bayern Munich vs Hamburg prediction
In a similar fashion to the end of last season, Bayern Munich manager Pep Guardiola has a number of injuries to contend with for this match. Franck Ribery, Javi Martinez, Holger Badstuber and Jan Kirchhoff are all definitely out. Sebastian Rode and Thiago are also concerns but should be available. New signings, Douglas Costa and Arturo Vidal are both in contention to start, with the Chilean the most likely to get the nod.
Hamburg manager, Bruno Labbadia, is expected to include new signings Lewis Holtby and Emir Spahic in his first starting XI of the season. There could also be a starting place for Albin Ekdal, with a number of other recruits also battling it out to make the team for the daunting trip to the Allianz Arena.
Bayern Munich: 4-5-1 formation: Neuer; Rafinha, Boateng, Benatia, Bernat; Alaba, Lahm, Vidal, Robben, Muller; Lewandowski
Hamburg: 4-5-1 formation: Adler; Sakai, Cleber, Spahic, Ostrzolek; Diaz, Ilicevic, Ekdal, Holtby, Olic; Lasogga
- Bayern Munich have won 6, drawn 3 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- Hamburg have won 5, drawn 4 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Bayern Munich have scored an average of 1.6 goals and conceded an average of 0.5 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Hamburg have scored an average of 1.6 goals and conceded an average of 0.9 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Bayern Munich’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Hamburg’s previous 10 matches
- Bayern Munich have scored 53 goals in their last 14 matches against Hamburg
Given the recent defeat in the German Cup to fourth-tier Carl Zeiss Jena, the last place Hamburg would want to travel to is the Allianz Arena. A shocking recent record against Bayern Munich, which has seen Hamburg concede 6, 5, 9, 4, 5, 4 and 8 goals in recent matches, does not bode well for the first game of the 2015/15 Bundesliga season. Having said that, up until the cup result, Hamburg were having a decent pre-season, winning their previous 3 matches in a row.
Bayern Munich couldn’t have asked for a more pleasing opening fixture than this one, however, all does not seem well for manager Pep Guardiola. With some fans disappointed by the sale of Bastian Schweinsteiger and the recent eliminations from the Champions League, this could be Guardiola’s final season in charge at the Allianz. Pre-season has been somewhat of a mixed bag but with the additions of Vidal and Costa, Bayern should have more than enough to see off Hamburg.
As it’s the opening match of the season, things may not be as clear-cut between the two teams as they have been but this one has a Bayern Munich win written all over it.