Besiktas vs Liverpool Prediction and Football Tips
Europa League football tips – Besiktas vs Liverpool prediction
Following their 1-0 defeat at Anfield last week, Besiktas were disappointing in losing at Eskisehirspor on the weekend. That makes it just 1 win in their last 4 matches, with no clean sheets and only 2 goals scored.
Liverpool’s fine form continued on the weekend, defeating Southampton at St Marys 2-0. This result reaffirmed Liverpool’s credentials as a potential top 4 team this season, after a poor start. With a match to come against Manchester City at the weekend, Liverpool will have to keep their concentration on the task at hand, if they are to avoid a defeat.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Besiktas have scored an average of 1.6 goals and conceded an average of 0.9 goals per game.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Liverpool have scored an average of 1.3 goals and conceded an average of 0.5 goals per game.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Besiktas’ previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 2 of Liverpool’s previous 10 matches.
- The last time these teams met in European competition in Besiktas was 2007, when Besiktas came away with a 2-1 win.
Both teams appear to be missing key players for this match. Besiktas will have to do without the likes of Ersan Gulum and Ramon, who are suspended and the injured Tolga Zengin, Ismail Koybasi, Cenk Tosun and Alexander Milosevic. This could result in a re-shuffle at the back for Slaven Bilic and his team.
For Liverpool, both Jordan Henderson and Philippe Coutinho have been ruled out and join Steven Gerrard, Lucas Leiva, Mamadou Sakho and Glen Johnson on the sidelines. This could force Brendan Rodgers in to calling a number youngsters up for the game, meaning the substitute bench could be lacking any real experience.
Besiktas have lost just 2 of their last 14 home matches and are strong when playing in Istanbul. However, the 2 defeats came against Galatasary and Fenerbache, probably Besiktas’ most important league games of the season.
What are your predictions?