Carpi vs Fiorentina Prediction and Preview – 20/09/15
Serie A preview – Carpi vs Fiorentina prediction
The only concern for Carpi ahead of this game is the injury to midfielder Luca Marrone. With Marrone out, his place is likely to go to Raffaele Bianco, who will slot in to the centre of midfield. Having scored off the bench last weekend, striker Marco Borriello could get a start.
With Milan Badelj out suspended, Fiorentina manager Paulo Sousa will probably go with Borja Valero and Mario Suarez in the centre of midfield. With Giuseppe Rossi back to fitness, there are plenty of options in attack for Fiorentina.
Carpi: 3-5-2 formation: Brkic; Zaccardo, Bubnjic, Romagnoli; Letizia, Fedele, Bianco, Lollo, Silva; Boriello, Ryder
Fiorentina: 3-4-2-1 formation: Tatarusanu; Tomovic, Rodriguez, Roncaglia; Blaszcyzkowski, Suarez, Valero, Alonso; Bernardeschi, Rossi; Babacar
- Carpi have won 3, drawn 2 and lost 5 of their last 10 matches
- Fiorentina have won 6, drawn 1 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Carpi have scored an average of 1.1 goals and conceded an average of 1.7 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Fiorentina have scored an average of 1.5 goals and conceded an average of 1.1 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Carpi’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Fiorentina’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Fiorentina’s last 7 away matches in Serie A
Carpi endured a tough introduction to life in Serie A as they went down 5-2 at Sampdoria on the opening day of the season. To be fair, the score could have been even worse and despite losing to Inter 2-1, they claimed a good point at Palermo last week. In-fact, having taken the lead, it would have been a blow to concede an equaliser with 88 minutes on the clock.
Fiorentina have had a fairly positive start to the Serie A season. A good 2-0 home win over AC Milan and 1-0 win over Genoa have been positives but the 3-1 defeat at Genoa was a set-back, especially having taken the lead. If Fiorentina have any ambitions of securing a Champions League place for next season, these are games they should be winning.
Carpi will want to get that all important first win of the season but it could be difficult against a Fiorentina team looking to bounce back from a mid-week Europa League defeat. There should be goals and the spoils may be shared.
Over 2.5 goals at 21/10 – Click here to bet with Bet365
Draw at 12/5 – Click here to bet with Bet365
Draw and Ryder to score first at 30/1 – Click here to bet with Bet365
What are your predictions?