Chelsea vs Liverpool Prediction and Preview – 31/10/15
Premier League preview – Chelsea vs Liverpool prediction
Liverpool are still without Daniel Sturridge and Danny Ings. Joe Gomez, Kolo Toure and Jordan Henderson also remain sidelined along with youngsters Jon Flanagan and Jordan Rossiter.
Thibaut Courtois remains injured for Chelsea so Asmir Begovic will continue in goal. Branislav Ivanovic misses out again so Kurt Zouma will fill in at right back. Pedro and Diego Costa are also doubts.
Chelsea: 4-2-3-1 formation: Begovic; Zouma, Cahill, Terry; Azpilicueta; Ramirez, Matic; Willian, Fabregas, Hazard; Costa
Liverpool: 4-2-3-1 formation: Mingolet; Clyne, Sakho, Skrtel, Moreno; Leiva, Can; Milner, Firmino, Coutinho; Benteke
- Chelsea have won 4, drawn 3 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Liverpool have won 2, drawn 8 and lost 0 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Chelsea have scored an average of 1.8 goals and conceded an average of 1.1 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Liverpool have scored an average of 1.1 goals and conceded an average of 0.9 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Chelsea’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 1 of Liverpool’s previous 10 matches
Expect a low scoring game as both sides have been struggling for goals of late. Liverpool are dependant on the form of Christian Benteke who has scored 3 goals in his 6 premier league appearances and Adam Lallana is the only midfielder to have scored more than 1 goal this season.
A win would be worth more than three points to Jose Mourinho because it would relieve some of the media scrutiny about his job. The Blues boss saw his side get knocked out of the Capital One Cup by Stoke on Tuesday, and like Liverpool their problems are in the attacking third with a lack of creativity.
Those worries in attack are likely to make this the 4th consecutive meeting of these clubs where there are less than 2.5 goals.
Full time result a draw at 5/2 – Click here to bet with Bet365
Eden Hazard first goal scorer at 7/1 – Click here to bet with Bet365
Joao Teixeira to score first at 16/1 – Click here to bet with Bet365
What are your predictions?