Chelsea vs Swansea Prediction and Football Tips – 08/08/15
Premier League League football tips – Chelsea vs Swansea prediction
Chelsea’s first choice XI, when everyone is fit and available, is exactly the same as last season’s title winning team. However, Diego Costa is once again struggling with injury ahead of this game, which could give a start to Loic Remy or new signing Radamel Falcao.
The only injury concern for Swansea boss Gary Monk, is Jordi Amat but otherwise, he has a full squad to pick from for the trip to Stamford Bridge. Therefore, Monk could hand Premier League debuts to new signings Andre Ayew and Franck Tabanou, with Bafetimbi Gomis leading the line in attack.
Chelsea: 4-2-3-1 formation: Courtois; Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Azpilicueta; Fabregas, Matic; Willian, Hazard, Oscar; Remy
Swansea: 4-2-3-1 formation: Fabianski; Naughton, Fernandez, Williams, Tabanou; Sung-Yeung, Cork; Dyer, Sigurdsson, Ayew; Gomis
- Chelsea have won 3, drawn 3 and lost 4 of their last 10 matches
- Swansea have won 4, drawn 4 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Chelsea have scored an average of 1.1 goals and conceded an average of 1.4 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Swansea have scored an average of 1.3 goals and conceded an average of 1.1 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Chelsea’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 3 of Swansea’s previous 10 matches
- Swansea have failed to defeat Chelsea in their previous 5 attempts
Chelsea have struggled in pre-season and Jose Mourinho will be hoping they have shaken off the cobwebs ahead of their first Premier League game of the season. There has been little movement in the transfer market and the loan signing of Radamel Falcao has to be seen as a risk, considering his form last season.
Swansea conceded 9 goals in their two meetings with Chelsea last season and Gary Monk will be aiming to keep things tighter this time around. With the signing of Andre Ayew and the retention of Bafetimbi Gomis and Gylfi Sigurdsson, Swansea have more than enough to cause Chelsea problems at the back.
The loss of Diego Costa, if he doesn’t make it, will be a blow but Jose Mourinho has never failed to take all three points on the opening day of a Premier League season and that trend should continue here.