Chievo vs Torino Prediction and Preview – 23/09/15
Serie A preview – Chievo vs Torino prediction
Chievo have three players missing through injury for this match, they are Paul-Jose M’Poku, Mariano Izco and Ivan Radovanovic. Manager Rolando Maran may take the opportunity to rotate a couple of players, possibly in defence and attack but the bulk of the starting XI will be the same as the weekend.
Torino also come in to the match missing three players. Danilo Avelar, Alexander Farnerud and Nikola Maksimovic are all injured. Maxi Lopez may start the match in attack, having replaced Andrea Belotti during the match on Sunday.
Chievo: 4-3-1-2 formation: Bizarri; Frey, Danielli, Cesar, Gobbi; Castro, Rigoni, Hetemaj; Birsa, Meggiorini, Paloschi
Torino: 3-5-2 formation: Padelli; Bovo, Glik, Moretti; Peres, Vives, Benassi, Baselli, Molinaro; Quagliarella, Lopez
- Chievo have won 3, drawn 4 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Torino have won 7, drawn 1 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Chievo have scored an average of 1.2 goals and conceded an average of 0.9 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Torino have scored an average of 2.9 goals and conceded an average of 0.9 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Chievo’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 8 of Torino’s previous 10 matches
- There have been under 2.5 goals in 7 of the last 8 meetings between the teams
Chievo were enjoying an unbeaten start to the season until the visit of Inter Milan at the weekend. A single goal by Mauro Icardi was enough to take the points and it was the first time this season that Chievo have failed to score a goal in a match. Despite that defeat, it’s still been a good start to the season for Chievo and a win here will go a long way to making it a great one.
Torino have started the season in fantastic form and their 2-0 win over Sampdoria at the weekend was their third in Serie A. The team have picked up 10 points from a possible 12 and are currently right in contention at the top of the table. Furthermore, the team have netted at least 2 goals in each of their 4 Serie A matches this season and will aim to continue that run at Chievo.
However, Chievo have shown they can compete with the big teams this season and the spoils could be shared.
Draw or Torino at 4/9 – Click here to bet with Bet365
Draw at 9/4 – Click here to bet with Bet365
Quagliarella to score anytime and 1-1 final score at 14/1 – Click here to bet with Bet365
What are your predictions?