Chile vs Peru Prediction and Football Tips
Copa America football tips – Chile vs Peru prediction
Chile have to deal with the loss of defender Gonzalo Jara, who is suspended. There are a couple of choices for manager Jorge Sampaoli but Jorge Rojas is a central defender and would therefore be considered the best choice. Otherwise, Chile should remain unchanged from their previous match.
Peru can welcome back midfield pairing of Josepmir Ballon and Carlos Lobaton, who will be key in stopping Chile’s creative players. The remainder of the team should match that of the one that defeated Bolivia in the quarter-final, with hat-trick hero Paolo Guerrero leading the attack.
Chile: 4-3-1-2 formation: Bravo; Beausejour, Medel, Rojas, Isla; Aranguiz, Diaz, Vidal; Valdivia; Sanchez, Vargas
Peru: 4-2-2-2 formation: Gallese; Advincula, Zambrano, Ascues, Vargas; Lobaton, Ballon; Cueva, Sanchez; Pizarro Guerrero
- Chile have won 6, drawn 1 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Peru have won 4, drawn 2 and lost 4 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Chile have scored an average of 2.1 goals and conceded an average of 1 goal per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Peru have scored an average of 1 goal and conceded an average of 1.1 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Chile’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Peru’s previous 10 matches
- The last time these teams met was a friendly in 2014 and Chile came out on top 3-0
Chile remain undefeated in the 2015 Copa America, scoring 11 goals and conceding 3 in their four matches to date. All 3 of the goals conceded came in the match against Mexico and therefore, Chile have managed three clean sheets in four games.
Peru finished second in their group, just behind Brazil and came through their quarter-final with Bolivia 3-1. Peru have scored 5 goals so far in the tournament, with over half of them coming in one match and have conceded 3 goals, the same as opponents, Chile.
Peru have looked particularly impressive down the flanks in this tournament and Chile will have to address that, if they are to prevent Peru from creating chances. However, this is a home match for Chile and Peru’s record on the road in South America is poor. Since defeating Uruguay in 2004, Peru have drawn 2 and lost 22 away matches.
This will be a close and tense match but Chile, with the crowd on their side, should have enough to scrape through.
What are your Copa America predictions and football tips?