Darmstadt v Werder Bremen Prediction and Preview – 22/09/15
Bundesliga preview – Darmstadt v Werder Bremen prediction
Darmstadt have Junior Diaz to compete with Fabian Holland for a starting berth at left back. Jan Rosenthal is likely to keep his spot in the team ahead of Vrancic and Sailer who will have to make an impact from the bench. With no new injuries and the team in good form Dirk Schuster may name the same XI.
Werder Bremen will need to replace the suspended Philipp Bargfrede with Felix Kroos most likely to replace him. Zlatko Junuzovic is a welcome return from injury in central midfield forcing Oztunali to make way. Claudio Pizarro once again will provide back up to the attack from the bench.
Darmstadt: 4-4-1-1 formation: Mathenia; Garics, Sulu, Caldirola, Holland; Heller, Niemeyer, Gondorf, Rausch; Rosenthal; Stroh-Engel
Werder Bremen: 4-2-3-1 formation: Wiedwald; Selassie, Lukimya Vestergaard, Garcia; Fritz, Kroos, Junuzovic; Bartels; Johannsson,Ujah
- Darmstadt have won 5, drawn 3 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Werder Bremen have won 6, drawn 2 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Darmstadt have scored an average of 1.6 goals and conceded an average of 0.9 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Werder Bremen have scored an average of 2 goals and conceded an average of 0.9 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Darmstadt’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Werder Bremen’s previous 10 matches
Darmstadt are 12th in the table, they have become the draw specialists of the league with a 3-0 defeat to Bayern last time out unlikely to affect their season, which will be based on gathering as many points as possible to try and ensure they can keep their place in the Bundesliga.
Werder Bremen fans do not know which team is going to show up at their games this season. Following their defeat to Ingolstadt at the weekend the team and the fans will be hoping to avoid defeat to both newly promoted teams.
In this game we are with the draw specialists to make it a 4th draw for the season. Werder Bremen will keep it tight and may sit too deep in the early stages but their superior quality should mean defeat is avoided in this one.
Darmstadt to win a half at 8/11 – Click here to bet with Bet365
Darmstadt and Werder Bremen to Draw at 23/10 – Click here to bet with Bet365
Half Time: Darmstadt Full Time: Draw at 14/1 – Click here to bet with Bet365
What are your predictions?