Dnipro vs Sevilla Prediction and Football Tips
Europa League final football tips – Dnipro vs Sevilla prediction
Dnipro rested a number of players on the weekend in anticipation of the Europa League final. Therefore, the likes of Yevhen Konoplyanka and Ruslan Rotan should both return to the team. Striker Nikola Kalinic will be pushing for a start but the lone striking role will probably go to Yevhen Seleznyov.
Sevilla are missing both goalkeeper Beto and defender Nicolas Pareja through injury but otherwise have a full squad to select from. The main selection headache will be in attack, with Kevin Gameiro competing with leading scorer Carlos Bacca, although the latter is likely to get the nod.
Dnipro: 4-5-1 formation: Boyko; Matos, Cheberyachko, Douglas, Fedetskiy; Fedorchuk, Kankava; Konoplyanka, Rotan, Luchkevych; Seleznyov
Sevilla: 4-2-3-1 formation: Rico; Coke, Carrico, Kolo, Tremoulinas; Krychowiak, Mbia; Vidal, Banega, Vitolo; Bacca
- Dnipro have won 5, drawn 2 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Sevilla have won 6, drawn 3 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Dnipro have scored an average of 1.1 goals and conceded an average of 0.8 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Sevilla have scored an average of 2.1 goals and conceded an average of 1.1 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 2 of Dnipro’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Sevilla’s previous 10 matches
- This will be the first meeting between the two teams
Dnipro have surpassed all expectations just in making the final but will be determined to go one step better and lift the Europa League. League form, in amongst Europa League ties, has been mixed but a good 3-2 win over Shakhtar Donetsk at the weekend was a good confidence boosting result.
Dnipro’s campaign has been built upon a solid defence and they have conceded just 1 goal in their last 4 Europa Leage games.
Sevilla have been in good form of late, losing just 1 match out of their last 14. However, due to other results at the weekend, they missed out on a Champions League spot for next season and this game takes on extra significance because of that. Sevilla’s Europa League run has seen the Spanish team score many goals, at least 2 per game during their last 7 matches.
Sevilla have much more experience in the final of the Europa League than Dnipro, who are making their first appearance. This will count for something, in what could be a very tight game. Dnipro will be looking to keep things tight for as long as possible, while trying to grab a goal on the counter-attack or from a set-piece.
What are your Europa League final predictions and football tips?