Dortmund vs Paderborn Prediction and Football Tips
Bundesliga football tips – Dortmund vs Paderborn prediction.
Dortmund are without a number of players for this match with Lukasz Piszczek, Nuri Sahin, Neven Suboic, Sebastian Kehl and Oliver Kirch ruled out of the match. Key player Marco Reus is also a doubt for the game however has not been ruled out.
Paderborn are without Alban Meha, Jens Wemmer, Thomas Bertels and former Dortmund player Marvin Duksch for the trip to Signal Iduna Park.
Dortmund: 4-2-3-1 Formation: Weidenfeller – Durm, Sokratis, Hummels, Schmelzer – Bender, Gündogan – Blaszczykowski, Mkhitaryan, Reus – Aubameyang
Paderborn: 4-1-4-1 Formation: Kruse – Heinloth, Rafa Lopez, Hünemeier, Hartherz – Ziegler – Koc, Bakalorz, Vrancic, Ouali – Lakic
- Dortmund have won 3, drawn 3 and lost 4 of their last 10 matches
- Paderborn have won 2, drawn 2 and lost 6 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Dortmund have scored an average of 1.2 goals and conceded an average of 1.3
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Paderborn have scored an average of 0.4goals and conceded an average of 2.1
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Dortmund’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Paderborn’s previous 10 matches
- The two teams have only met once before in the Bundesliga which was earlier on the season where the match finished 2-2
At the start of the season Paderborn were the bookies favourites to go down and as things stand currently sit in the relegation playoff spot. The bottom of the table is very tight and every point gained at this stage of the season is vital. Paderborn without a doubt have more to play for however in terms of quality there is a big gap between the two sides.
Dortmund are big favourites for this match and if the team play to their strengths should win this match comfortably. Paderborn however shouldn’t be disregarded as we have seen many times in the past underdogs in a relegation battle pull off upsets.
What are your Bundesliga predictions and football tips?
Written by Harry Watkins