Eintracht Frankfurt vs Augsburg Prediction and Football Tips – 22/08/15
Bundesliga football tips – Eintracht Frankfurt vs Augsburg prediction
There are no new injury concerns for Eintracht manager Armin Veh, as Anderson, Sonny Kittel and Marc Stendera remain on the sidelines through injury. Alexander Meier is back in training after a lengthy lay-off and this match has come too soon for him to be considered. The only change could be the inclusion of Vaclav Kadlec, who may come in on the left side of midfield in place of Takashi Inui.
Augsburg manager Markus Weinzierl, still has a number of injuries to contend with ahead of the trip to Frankfurt. Striker Tim Matvaz is still doubtful and Shawn Parker, Jan Moravek, Piotr Trochowski, Daniel Opare and Marco Schuster are all definitely out. Raúl Bobadill is out through suspension and with Matvaz doubtful, that could mean a start up-front for Sascha Mölders.
Eintracht Frankfurt: 4-4-2 formation: Hradecky; Hasebe, Zambrano, Abraham, Oczipka; Aigner, Russ, Reinhartz, Inui; Seferovic, Castaignos
Augsburg: 4-1-4-1 formation: Hitz; Verhaegh, Hong, Klavan, Feulner; Baier; Esswein, Kohr, Altintop, Werner; Molders
- Eintracht Frankfurt have won 7, drawn 1 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Augsburg have won 5, drawn 1 and lost 4 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Eintracht Frankfurt have scored an average of 2.3 goals and conceded an average of 0.8 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Augsburg have scored an average of 1.8 goals and conceded an average of 1.1 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 8 of Eintracht Frankfurt’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Augsburg’s previous 10 matches
- Eintracht Frankfurt have failed to defeat Augsburg in their previous 5 attempts
Although Eintracht lost their first match away to Wolfsburg 2-1, there were some positives from that game, which can be taken in to this one. Having gone 2-0 down inside 17 minutes to a very strong Wolfsburg team, it would have been easy to have given up hope of getting anything from the game. However, Eintracht grabbed a goal back and had more shots on goal than their opponents, which is promising for the season ahead.
Augsburg’s season started in disappointing fashion, with a 1-0 home defeat to Hertha Berlin. There were question marks before the start of the season, as to whether they could live up to their performance of 2014/15 and this was a less than convincing response. Augsburg will be aiming to boost their confidence by taking all three points from this game but will have to improve defensively in order to keep Eintracht at bay.
It’s difficult to split these two teams and the spoils could be shared, with both teams finding the back of the net.