Everton vs Manchester United Prediction and Preview – 23/04/16
FA Cup preview – Everton vs Manchester United prediction.
Everton manager Roberto Martinez has a number of injury concerns ahead of the FA Cup semi-final on Saturday, not least in central defence where he may have no recognised centre-backs available. Ramiro Mori serves the first of a three-match ban while Phil Jagielka has been out with a hamstring strain and is struggling to be fit for the weekend. John Stones limped off after an hour of the Merseyside derby leaving Martinez waiting on the doctor’s report. Right-back Seamus Coleman is ruled out with a hamstring problem so, with Tyias Browning out for the season and Tony Hibbert doubtful, left-footed Bryan Oviedo will be asked to cover.
Louis van Gaal has no new injury concerns and could stick to the same eleven that lined up for Manchester United against Crystal Palace last weekend. Memphis Depay, Marouane Fellaini, Ander Herrera and Timothy Fosu-Mensah are pushing to start but may have to settle for a place on the bench. Adnan Januzaj has trained following time out with a hamstring problem and may be considered for the matchday squad but Luke Shaw is unlikely to play a part as he makes his way back from a broken leg.
Everton 4-2-3-1 formation: Robles; Baines, Stones, Besic, Oviedo; McCarthy, Barry; Lennon, Barkley, Cleverley; Lukaku
Manchester United 4-1-4-1 formation: Gea; Valencia, Smalling Blind, Darmian; Schneiderlin; Lingard, Mata, Rooney, Martial; Rashford
- Everton have won 3 drawn 3 and lost 4 of their last 10 matches
- Manchester United have won 5 drawn 2 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Everton have scored an average of 1.1 goals and conceded an average of 1.3 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Manchester United have scored an average of 0.9 goals and conceded an average of 0.9 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 3 of Everton’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 2 of Manchester United’s previous 10 matches