Fiorentina vs Basel Prediction and Preview – 17/09/15
Europa League preview – Fiorentina vs Basel prediction
Despite having Milan Badelj sent off on the weekend, the midfielder’s suspension is for domestic competition only. Therefore, Fiorentina manager Paulo Sousa has a full squad to pick from and can go with his strongest starting XI.
Unlike their hosts, Basel make the trip to Florence with a group of three players missing due to injury. Adama Traore, Ivan Ivanov and Veljko Simic are all out for Urs Fischer’s team and won’t take any part in the game.
Fiorentina: 4-3-3 formation: Tatarusanu; Tomovic, Astori, Alonso, Pasqual; Suarez, Valero, Badelj, Vecino; Rossi, Babacar, Bernardeschi
Basel: 4-2-3-1 formation: Vaclik; Lang, Hoegh, Suchy, Safari; Elnenny, Zuffi; Bjarnsson, Delagado, Gashi; Embolo
- Fiorentina have won 7, drawn 1 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Basel have won 8 and drawn 2 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Fiorentina have scored an average of 1.6 goals and conceded an average of 0.9 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Basel have scored an average of 2.5 goals and conceded an average of 0.8 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Fiorentina’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 8 of Basel’s previous 10 matches
Fiorentina enjoyed a great start to the new season, defeating AC Milan 2-0 at the Artemio Franchi. The trip to Torino following that win ended in a disappointing 3-1 defeat but the club bounced back with a 1-0 victory over Genoa at the weekend. For manager Paulo Sousa, it’s a match against his former team and he will be aware that the last time Fiorentina faced Swiss opposition at home in Europe, they lost.
Basel would have been expecting to be in the Champions League again this season, a competition they did well to progress in last season. However, this wasn’t to be and despite the set-back of missing out, they have continued to perform well in the Swiss Super League. Currently unbeaten in 13 competitive games this season, it’s not been often that Basel have kept a clean sheet in recent matches but they have still managed to come out on top in the bulk of them.
Basel will give Fiorentina a real test and the match could easily end all square.
Both teams to score at 81/100 – Click here to bet with Unibet
Draw at 5/2 – Click here to bet with Unibet
Delgado to score at any time and the match to finish 2-2 at 50/1 – Click here to bet with Unibet
Don’t forget, you can win free bets with Unibet by taking part in our great Acca competition by clicking here, it’s free to enter and great fun >> Unibet Acca Competition