Fiorentina vs Bologna Prediction and Preview – 23/09/15
Serie A preview – Fiorentina vs Bologna prediction
Fiorentina could still be without new summer signing Jakub Blaszczykowski, who is struggling with a shoulder injury. Matias Vecino is definitely out while Josip Ilicic remains a doubt. However, the return of Milan Badelj from suspension will give Paulo Sousa another option in midfield.
Bologna are without injured duo Emanuele Giaccherini and Godfred Donsah. Midfielder Luca Rizzo returns from suspension but may have to settle for a place on the bench, as Delio Rossi keeps things similar to the team which defeated Frosinone at the weekend.
Fiorentina: 3-4-2-1 formation: Tatarusanu; Tomovic, Rodriguez, Roncaglia; Gilberto, Suarez, Badelj, Alonso; Bernardeschi, Rossi; Babacar
Bologna: 4-3-3 formation: Mirante; Ferrari, Oikonomou, Gastaldello, Masina; Criseteg, Pulgar, Taider; Brienza, Destro,
- Fiorentina have won 7, drawn 1 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Bologna have won 4, drawn 1 and lost 5 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Fiorentina have scored an average of 1.4 goals and conceded an average of 0.7 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Bologna have scored an average of 1.2 goals and conceded an average of 1 goal per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Fiorentina’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Bologna’s previous 10 matches
- Fiorentina have not conceded a goal in their previous 4 home Serie A matches
The 1-0 win at Carpi on Sunday made it 3 wins out 4 for Fiorentina in Serie A and that translates in to a good start to the season. The defeat came at in-form Torino but during all 3 victories, including home wins over Milan and Genoa, Fiorentina did not concede a goal and will fancy their chances of keeping another clean sheet in this game.
Bologna reversed a run of 3 straight defeats by beating newly promoted Frosinone on Sunday. It was a much needed victory, as Bologna were struggling to get off the mark. Although there have been no heavy defeats, the fact that Bologna have only scored 2 goals in Serie A this season, highlights where the problems are.
Fiorentina will be confident of winning this one without conceding a goal.
Fiorentina win 1/2 – Click here to bet with Bet365
Fiorentina win to nil at 13/10 – Click here to bet with Bet365
Fiorentina to win by 2 goals at 10/3 – Click here to bet with Bet365
What are your predictions?