Ingolstadt vs Dortmund Prediction and Football Tips – 23/08/15
Bundesliga football tips – Ingolstadt vs Dortmund prediction
Ingolstadt will definitely be without Danilo Teodoro Soares for the visit of Dortmund but other than that, have a full squad to choose from. Striker Lukas Hinterseer, is likely to keep his place up-front, meaning that Elias Kachunga will be on the bench and after the win last weekend, manager Ralph Hasenhüttl, has no reason to make any changes.
Dortmund still have a number of missing players for this match, including Lukasz Piszczek, Oliver Kirch, Nuri Sahin and Erik Durm. Central defender Neven Subotic is also doubtful and may take his place on the bench. Both Gonzalo Castro and Sven Bender are pushing for a start in midfield but may get their chance in the Europa League during the week.
Ingolstadt: 4-3-3 formation: Ozcan, Levels, Hubner, Matip, Engel; Roger, Morales, Grob; Leckie, Hartmann, Hinterseer
Dortmund: 4-1-4-1 formation: Burki; Schmelzer, Hummels, Sokratis, Stenzel; Weigl; Gundogan, Mkhitaryan, Kagawa, Reus; Aubameyang
- Ingolstadt have won 6, drawn 1 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Dortmund have won 9 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Ingolstadt have scored an average of 1.3 goals and conceded an average of 0.8 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Dortmund have scored an average of 3.1 goals and conceded an average of 0.7 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 3 of Ingolstadt’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Dortmund’s previous 10 matches
- Dortmund have won their previous 8 games in a row
Ingolstadt couldn’t have hoped for a better start to life in the Bundesliga, than with their 1-0 victory at Mainz last weekend. Looking organised and difficult to beat, Hasenhüttl and his team will be full of confidence, knowing they have what it takes to win matches in Germany’s top division. However, the visit of Dortmund, should provide them with a tougher examination than last week.
If Ingolstadt were pleased with their opening result of the new season, Dortmund would have been thrilled with their 4-0 victory over Gladbach. The shackles of last season seem to be completely off at the Westfalenstadion and Thomas Tuchel has got the team playing with attacking confidence again. That being said, Dortmund did play away in mid-week in the Europa League there could be some fatigue there, as players look to get in to the swing of the new season.
Ingolstadt may be happy to sit back and try to soak up pressure but with Dortmund’s creativity, they should be able to break through.
What are your predictions for the game?