Inter Milan vs Celtic Prediction and Football Tips
Europa League football tips – Inter Milan vs Celtic prediction
The first leg of this match was a thrilling 3-3 draw, with Celtic coming back to equalise in the final minutes. Since that game, both teams have played one match each. Celtic enjoyed, what turned out to be, a comfortable win over Hamilton Academical, 4-0 at home. Meanwhile, Inter Milan came through a tricky match, away to Cagliari 2-1, meaning that they have now won 3 Serie A matches in a row.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Inter Milan have scored an average of 1.8 goals and conceded an average of 1.1 goals per game.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Celtic have scored an average of 2.5 goals and conceded an average of 0.7 goals per game.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Inter Milan’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Celtic’s previous 10 matches.
- The first leg between the two teams ended in a 3-3 draw
All of the statistics regarding the latest games involving these 2 teams, points to another close, high scoring match. However, Celtic have only managed 1 away win in European competition, from their last 14 matches. During those games, there have been defeats to the likes of Shakhter Karagandy, Legia Warszawa and Dinamo Zagreb.
The only real test Inter Milan have had at home in the Europa League this season, came from French club St Etienne, with the match ending 0-0. The last time that Inter played British opposition was in 2013, when they turned around a 3-0 deficit, against Tottenham Hotspur, to take the match in to extra-time but ultimately went out.
Given Celtic’s troubles away from home in Europe, it’s difficult to back them to come away from the San Siro and still be in the competition. The one thing that Celtic have managed to do, in the majority of their away European matches, is score a goal but 1 goal will surely not be enough to defeat this Inter Milan team.
What are your predictions?