Inter Milan vs Real Madrid Prediction and Football Tips
International Champions Cup football tips – Inter Milan vs Real Madrid prediction
Roberto Mancini will want his Inter Milan team to finish their International Champions Cup tournament on a positive and his team selection should reflect this. Expect to see a number of changes from the team which played against AC Milan a few days ago, with the likes of Martin Montoya and Geoffrey Kondogbia getting a start.
Real Madrid manager Rafa Benitez, will probably make a couple of changes from the team which defeated Manchester City last time out. Isco played the majority of that match and may sit out, with Casemiro coming in to replace him. Elsewhere, Raphael Varane and Danilo could come in to the defence, with Sergio Ramos and Dani Carvajal starting on the bench.
Inter Milan: 4-4-2 formation: Handanovic; Montoya, Juan Jesus, Ranocchia, D’Ambrosio; Kondogbia, Kovacic, Guarin, Hernanes; Palacio, Icardi
Real Madrid: 4-2-3-1 formation: Navas; Danilo, Varane, Pepe, Marcelo; Kroos, Modric; Casemiro, Ronaldo, Bale; Benzema
- Inter Milan have won 5, drawn 1 and lost 4 of their last 10 matches
- Real Madrid have won 6, drawn 3 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Inter Milan have scored an average of 1.9 goals and conceded an average of 1.7 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Real Madrid have scored an average of 2.9 goals and conceded an average of 1.4 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Inter Milan’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 8 of Real Madrid’s previous 10 matches
- The teams last met in a friendly in 2014, the match ended 1-1, with Inter winning on penalties
Inter Milan are still making changes to their squad ahead of the new season and the recent 1-0 defeats to Bayern Munich and AC Milan will not be too much of a concern. However, Roberto Mancini will want his team to start winning matches before the start of the season and with a strong team selection likely, this would be a good place to start.
Real Madrid took advantage of an under-strength Manchester City defence to claim an good 4-1 in their previous outing. The majority of Rafa Benitez’s first team squad got some minutes in that match and they look to be progressing in the right direction ahead of the new season. Another strong starting XI is expected for this match, with the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale in the team.
Inter Milan will have a fresh team for this match, which could work to their advantage. However, Benitez wants to make his mark on Real Madrid as soon as possible and will see this as another step in that process. Expect to see goals in this one.
What are your Inter Milan vs Real Madrid predictions and football tips?