Inter Milan vs Wolfsburg Prediction and Football Tips
Europa League football tips – Inter Milan vs Wolfsburg prediction
Wolfsburg go in to this match having comfortably defeated Freiburg at home in the Bundesliga on the weekend. Aaron Hunt remains out with injury but the big loss for Wolfsburg will be the suspension of experienced central defender, Naldo. It’s likely that Timm Klose will step in to the defence to partner Robin Knoche.
Inter Milan continued to stutter in Serie A, with a disappointing 1-1 draw at home to Cesena on the weekend. With European qualification through the league slipping away, this match is crucial to both this season and next. Samir Handanovic should replace Juan Pablo Carrizo in goal but Xherdan Shaqiri will miss out through injury.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Inter Milan have scored an average of 1.7 goals and conceded an average of 1.3 goals per game.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Wolfsburg have scored an average of 2.5 goals and conceded an average of 1 goals per game.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Inter Milan’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Wolfsburg’s previous 10 matches.
- Inter Milan are undefeated in their last 9 home Europa League matches.
Inter Milan have failed to win their any of their previous 4 matches, losing 2 and drawing 2 and this poor form will need to improve to dramatically, if they are to defeat a good, confident Wolfsburg team. Roberto Mancini’s team will need to score at least 2 goals without reply, in order to qualify but have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 4 games.
Despite conceding an away goal in the first leg, the 3-1 victory gives Wolfsburg a nice cushion coming to the San Siro. With the likes of Kevin De Bruyne and Bas Dost in great, goal scoring form, it seems unlikely that Inter will be able to stop the German team from scoring, at least 1 goal.
What are your predictions and Europa League football tips?